Paste images inside descriptions and comments

Right now, we use Basecamp. We love it because it’s easy to paste images inside a comments, for clear instructions, discussion, and feedback. Like this:

See how that worked? It’s a better experience than writing “See attached file” and having your correspondent click to open, look, close, reread text, etc.

I see this community forum already has that feature. Wouldn’t it be nice to have that inside Infinity as well?

Video and files also work the same way on Basecamp (would love to have them in also, perhaps at a later date?).

Thanks for your consideration,

Etienne
A happy new customer

7 Likes

+1. Very usefull, saves tons of hours

3 Likes

Hey @etiennejuneau,

We’re definitely improving Comments in the next few things, and will definitely implement a similar solution to this one.

Thanks for your input, and thanks for taking a chance with Infinity!

1 Like

Hi @coa,

Been about a month. Any update / ETA here?

Waiting on it to start using Infinity – looking forward to it!

1 Like

Hey @etiennejuneau,

Two of our devs are currently brainstorming about ‘adding images to the comments section’ feature. There might be a quick solution (adding a quick toolbar in the comments), but I’m 100% sure about the final decision.

My colleague Jovana mentioned that you might have had a great idea about this feature (from the dev side), so feel free to share it in the private message, so I can forward it to them.

Have you considered using the ‘Attachments’ attribute for some time? :sweat_smile:

I know it might not be perfect for team collaboration for now, but just as an idea…

0 Likes

Coa, my great idea is just as shown above. Make images, video, and files show inline in the comments. Basecamp lets you show them side by side now. Great for comparisons at a glance (see example below). If you could do that, that would be even better. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Any update on this? When I signed up, I was told about 2 months. It will be 2 months in 3 days.

0 Likes

Hey @etiennejuneau,

I have some great news: A rich text editor (with more formatting options) for the long text attribute is expected next week, or early June (the week after that).

The same upgrade is coming for Comments in 7-10 days after the first push.

2 Likes

YAY!!! Thanks Team Infinity!

1 Like

Hi Coa,

That’s great to hear. Will this new editor allow inline images and videos?

0 Likes

Videos: 75%

1 Like

Hi Coa,

This was expected ~20 days ago. When is the feature going to be released?

0 Likes

Hey @etiennejuneau!

So sorry for a delay! I take all the responsibility for not updating you that we got stuck at the design and eliminating issues which are complicating the functionality.

Here’s what it currently looks like:

We’re aiming to release it next week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Coa,

I see this has been released under Attributes > Description. Congrats! It’s a big improvement over the previous editor.

Based on your answers above, I was under the impression it would also be released for the comments. However, I’m still seeing the old editor there:

It would make a lot of sense (to me at least) to release the same improvements to that editor too. Do you plan on doing this?

Also, one last question and request:

My original request was to “Paste images inside descriptions and comments”. Right now, with this update, I still can’t do this. I have to:

• Click on the “images” icon
  • Click on “Choose files”
  • Find the file on my computer
  • Click on “open”

That’s 4 clicks, and it’s pretty tedious. Inside Basecamp and in this forum, I can simply paste (CTRL + V) and image. That’s one step, and it’s very fast. No need to save the image on my CPU and click 4 times to insert it in a comment. Could you please make that work inside Infinity as well? IMO, it’s quickly becoming the standard around the Web and not having it would seem like a shortcoming.

Thanks for your consideration!

Etienne

0 Likes

Hello @etiennejuneau,

We’re still planning to add this editor in the comments as well, no worries. :slight_smile:

When it comes to images in the description, although we don’t have keyboard shortcuts yet, there are other simpler ways to attach an image. For example, you can also drag and drop an image into the attachment. And, you can copy/paste a link to an image so you don’t have to save it on your computer.
Paste%20Image%20Link

Have you tried these options? :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Hi Jovana,

Thanks for your suggestion, but I’m afraid it’s still subpar compared to what Basecamp (and even this forum) offer. It’s still too many actions:

• Click the image icon
  • Click the “Paste a link” field
  • CTRL + V
  • Enter

Compare that to just CTRL + V while typing text, and you can picture how it breaks the user’s flow.

Could you please make CTRL + V work inside Infinity, just like in this forum and elsewhere around the Web?

1 Like

Hi Etienne,

We’re definitely planning to add various keyboard shortcuts to the tool, that’s on our roadmap.

Tell you what, I’ll add this particular shortcut ‘CTRL + V’ to the suggestion log and see what the product team thinks. I’m not promising anything but if it’s easy to create, it might get pushed for sooner. :crossed_fingers:

0 Likes