Zapier Integration (beta)

Hey guys, Zapier integration is ready for beta testing :rocket:

It is currently invite only and you can access it only via this link: https://zapier.com/developer/public-invite/15155/437fb1f05c7f7a8ce0d0517c224bed64/

Just click accept invite and you’ll be able to use Infinity to create Zaps.

What are you going to connect? :slight_smile:

Our team already connected Gmail, Intercom and Typeform and it’s working really nice.

1 Like

I like it!

Here’s a quick issue I found…

I am trying to integrate Office 365 by creating a calendar item each time a new item is created. Unless I specify down to the Folder that I want it to watch, I get this error:

Thanks for the hard work!

1 Like

Hey @BaiJie!

Thank you very much for reporting this issue.

We’ve encountered a couple when it comes to Zapier integration, but that was to be expected, as it’s still in the Beta/Test version.

I’ll make sure to forward this to one of our developers dedicated to building Zapier integration.

Many thanks, again!

0 Likes

Following my suggestions in the announcement roadmap on the Timeline/Gantt view, I’ve started experimenting with Zapier to see whether the suggestions could be automated on that end.

Some issues so far:

• Reference attributes cannot be updated.
  • It’s quite cumbersome to per example build a trigger that updates other attributes on an Item as you only get a partial set of IDs from an Updated Item trigger.
    • An updated item trigger only has the IDs for { Folder, Item }
    • Reference attributes only have the IDs for { Board, Item }
    • However, updating an item requires the IDs for: { Workspace, Board, Folder, Item }
  • Certain values don’t allow proper population by Custom Advanced Values - Update Item doesn’t work properly if the Folder ID is auto-populated.
1 Like

Hey @lumenon_infinity,

Thanks for taking a deeper look into our Zapier Integration!

I’ve noted down the issues you had and will share them with our team. Let’s hear a response from them.

Just to make sure: You’ve used Zapier 1.0.4, right?

1 Like

Yes, this was the latest version available, 1.04

1 Like

Would it be possible to get notified (post in this thread) when a new version of the Zapier plugin is released (even next alphas)?

0 Likes

Hi @lumenon_infinity, you can change notification settings of this tread. At the bottom click normal and change it into Tracking or Watching.

0 Likes

Yup, already set it up. I meant more that as new versions get available that someone from the team post in this chat so I don’t need to keep force refreshing the Zapier page everyday. :smiley:

Saves me a bit of time as I’m currently in the process of exploring the setup/design of an Infinity board for transitioning our team onto for the next project.

As you’ve gone through 1.00 - 1.04 in less than a month I presume that the team is actively working on this, so I’d like to try out the integration as it becomes available.

2 Likes

I will create an official statement here once there is a new version. :slight_smile:

Also, we’ve covered some on the updates in our FB group. Here’s the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/startinfinity/?ref=bookmarks

1 Like

Hi, I’m not sure if this’s a proper place for this - when trying to find “empty” attributes (of course only active ones - being in use, eg. attribute - Description, but without any text), Zapier cannot find it - there must be anything “inside” to be visible for Zapier. I’m not sure if it should work like this.

0 Likes

Hey @Bartosz, there are a few bugs in Zapier currently that we need to fix. A few urgent matters arose in the prevuous weeks so we didn’t have time to focus on completing Zapier, but it should all work smoothly soon. :slight_smile:

0 Likes