Add right-side panel click close to panel opening icon/button in Table View

In Table View in the furthest left column where the item number, 3-dots and right-side panel open icon/button are: we click on the icon/button - which appears when the cursor hovers over the item number - to open the right-side panel.

Could you set it up so we can also click that same icon/button (in the furthest left column) to close the panel?

The way it is now, to close the panel we have to move the cursor all the way over to the other side of the screen to the panel’s controls.

Having the additional choice to close the panel from the same icon/button we used to open it, would make using the panel in Table View more efficient and practical.

Hey @chrish,

Umm, I’m not sure I understand you quite well. Is it okay if you made a short video of the suggestion/issue? :slight_smile:

I’m sorry @coa, I messed up my description. I just realized I meant to refer to the Table View, not the Columns View. The mess up probably has something to do with me being half-awake working past 3am!

I corrected my post. Hopefully, the description makes sense now.

I really hope it makes sense because I don’t have the technical expertize to make a video rendering of what I mean.

Got it now, @chrish! :slight_smile:

Don’t worry, stuff like this happens. Don’t get caught up doing too much work. Everyone needs to rest, bud!

I’ll discuss with my team if this is going to be possible. IMO, honestly, I think it’s a minor thing. Hitting that ‘X’ symbol in either the sidebar or modal is pretty doable and visible.

More details yet to come! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@coa,

Fantastic! Thanks for implementing this! It makes using Table view much easier and intuitive. :smiley:

1 Like