Calendar Improvements

Hi there. I would like to be able to open and edit items from the calendar list, whether they have a date or not. As of right now, I can only change the name of the item:

Edit: I would also like the calendar to default to today, instead of the month with the first item.

1 Like

Hey @BaiJie!

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Regarding the first issue: I think I’m not understanding this completely, as once you click on the item in the calendar view, the modal/sidebar pops up with all the attributes belonging to that specific item.

The second suggestion: Do you mean for today’s date to be the first item/cell? Not, for instance, the 1st of the month? If that’s the case, that could be a bit hard, because of the month order and UX/UI.

Right now, you can see today’s date marked/highlighted with the green box. Do you think that should be changed? :slight_smile:

Hi @coa,

On the calendar view, it is true that the sidebar opens up IF the item has a date (it shows on the calendar). If you try to open up an item from the sidebar that displays the items without a date, it allows you to change the text of the title, but doesn’t open up the item sidebar.

The second suggestion - when I click into my calendar view, the first month displayed is February. I think it should display the current month.

That’s all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, @BaiJie!

Thank you very much for the additional message.

I’ll make a suggestion ticket for the devs to check whether there would be any changes possible to the items when they don’t have the Date attribute.

Regarding the month showing when you open a Calendar View:

Since you might have created that tab/view in February, it’s still showing that specific month as the first/default one. It’s a bug that’s been present for some time now, but we’ve only recently figured it out.

Our devs are on it :slight_smile: