Can you not use a reference field in a form?

I have made sure that in the table view that my “Contractors” column, which is a reference attribute is turned on in the table view (and it shows up in table view), but when i go to the form view, it is not an option there at all. I’ve scanned through all the items that are hidden as well. It’s just not there. Is that not an option?

1 Like

I just ran across this. I have not found a way yet. Looks like we will have to add a feature request.

2 Likes

Same. Seems like something that still needs to be added to the product.

2 Likes

Hey guys! Thanks for the initiative!

Reference is currently not available in Forms; Reference just seems to act a bit buggy and causes some problems in performance-related stuff as well as combined with certain features. That’s why it might get a huge refactor/edit very soon.

2 Likes

I could really use this feature.

Hi @bruceapeaslee! The reason why you can’t add a reference in the form is because of security/privacy reasons.

You see - a reference field actually pulls all the data from a certain folder and you can choose which item to add there.

Now if you had a reference field in a form, and you shared this form with someone - any person outside Infinity who has a link to your form would be able to use the Reference field to see all the items you have in this folder. This could potentially be quite dangerous since anyone in the team can share a form with someone outside Infinity.

Hope that makes sense. :slight_smile:

The data I want to reference is addresses in the neighborhood (public information), but you make a good case for not having the capability.

1 Like