Column layout scroll

Hi,

When you have a not so large number of columns and/or a not so large screen, you have to scroll horizontally to view the remaining columns. I believe this occurs easily and frequently and, at least for me, it is annoying and I believe that having a (or a close to) full view of all the columns improves awareness and information access.

A very simple way to fix this is to somehow limit the container width and perform vertical scrolls. In Trello I have a Chrome extension to apply this using CSS tempering and works pretty well.

Just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @RobertoRibeiro!

Thanks for the feedback.

Hmm, I like the way you think. I’ll talk to one of our UX/UI experts and see whether we’ll be able to find a solution for this. :slight_smile:

For now, this might be fixed by replacing the field ‘Add new Group’ with a simple + sign, but again: I need to sit down with UX/UI expert and talk through the details.

We’ll also take a look at the solution you mentioned, and maybe make something out of it. :slightly_smiling_face:

A very interesting suggestion, thanks!

1 Like

Hello,
I came to the forum to post something similar, I think.
In my case I have one view where I group a columns-view by Branch (label), and I’m going to have many branches to keep my eyes on. On my screen I can view 5 lists, but to view the 6th I have to horiz scroll, sometimes can be annoying because I cannot have a bigger picture.

As @RobertoRibeiro I’m using a Chrome extension designed for Trello too, but mine is called Slim Lists for Trello which reduce the width of each list to fit my screen.

However this mitigation may not be suitable for all situations. e.g. if you have a huge number of column, you can not reduce the width of each column to 10%! I thought a solution could be to allow a Masonry view.

1 Like