Create formula based on values in other folders

I want to create a pricing estimator tool.
One folder will be the calculator (using references from other folders)
I have that part no problem.
The problem is that when I try to create formula it doesn’t take the value from that other folder. Am I doing something wrong? Airtable can do this pretty easily, and it seems like infinity should be able to as well but its not calculating.

Hopefully you can help me find a solution!
Here is a quick video demo of what I am trying to achieve. (33) Project Estimator | Infinity

Hey there @andrew2

First of all, let me wish you a warm welcome - thank you for joining Infinity we are glad to see you here :slight_smile:

Now, I do have to explain how our automations work - they aren’t really as free and open as in excel, yes they are based on excel, but they work differently in Infinity. What you should know:

1. They work per folder only
  2. They work horizontally only
  3. They work with text, date, number, label and checkbox attribute (label and checkbox are limited, based on usecase)

So you can use formulas only in one folder with the data from the same folder and horizontally only meaning with values from the same row not vertically.

I get what you are trying to achieve, this would most likely be possible if our formulas worked with reference attribute - but since that is not possible for now, we’ll have to wait to implement / make other attributes work with our formulas.

Hope this helps at least a little bit :+1: