CSV import doesn't work?

Tried to upload 1000 rows, only uploaded 48?

What are the restrictions on csv importing???

Same here. CSV import doesnā€™t seemed to work. I upload my csv file. Only the headings are showing. Data below the headings are not showing. How does it work?

Hey guys @remco.plasmeijer, @avg,

Weā€™re currently having some trouble with .csv import.

The dev team is in the process of identifying the bug as we speak, and should start fixing it ASAP.

Iā€™ll let you know when theyā€™re done.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, and thanks for your understanding!

2 Likes

My experience has been every row imported shows in triplicate. I can provide a couple of csv files if you arenā€™t seeing that issue.

@remco.plasmeijer My csv imports work just fine. Imported 101 items a minute ago.
And yes, infinity is still developing, but not in alpha from my point of view. The deal actually is that you get access for a very reasonable price so you can be part of the development process by giving feedback and sharing ideas in a positive manner. This gives you the ability to shape the product to better meet your needs.
I think the team has done a great job on creating what is already there and IĀ“m confident they will deliver what they plan and communicate. Maybe not in the time frames they estimate, but nobody is perfect. I can relate to you being frustrated if you want it to happen quicker. IĀ“d love to have some things already built in, too. But in a small team, limited funds and that bunch of workload, thereĀ“s no way to do everything at once, as well as to always please everyone. You have to set priorities and adjust them according to life.
My suggestion for you is to check infinity from time to time if it has improved on what you need to be reliable for your sensitive data.
And isnĀ“t it great they released the form view and instead of wasting time with a changelog update they go on working on the gant view, which will probably be live soon as itĀ“s the last one in the coming soon section now missing?

6 Likes

CSV upload with large row data is very slow. I uploaded csv file Table with 3000 row. Each time you scroll down 15 rows, it took more than 1 minute. And when you reach scrolling at the LAST ROW, it took several minutes. And if you try to do it again from the start (scrolling from first row to last row), the same thing happen. Still slow. Itā€™s not cache in a wayā€¦ then the PAGE just went WHITE SCREEN inside Chrome browser (Page Unresponsive Error) Comes back after several minutes. But still hangs up. I noticed that CSV upload with 3,000 row data causes the APP to hang up several time when you start to scroll down the table. But if you do not access the board with that uploaded CSV file, APP is running ok.

Letā€™s just wait for the fix. It may take a while. Happy with the cool updates coming! :blush:

1 Like

I am a human being and am solely speaking for my self. Thanks for asking so kindly.

1 Like

Ah ok, I wasnā€™t sure

@remco.plasmeijer,

If you could tell us your use case, and why do you need 10-20k of items, maybe we could help out with a custom solution, as we havenā€™t received a similar request for now.

If you want to know that just for the sake of numbers, we are not focusing on that right now. Some other features which we think are more valuable to most of the customers. Do you need some data store that is capable of storing thousands of records?

.csv import has been very challenging feature to build as it should cover literally thousands of different scenarios and use cases on how can members map their data, link their rows/columns to the attributes, etc.

We did mention that the .csv could be messy in the future, and I think our dev team is fixing and updating that feature every week, as every week we get a new use case and a problem we need to solve.

Just one of the reasons why our workload is a mess.

Updating current features, fixing bugs/issues, building new features, web development, payment details, etc.

Marketing + Community + Product (suggestions/reporting bugs) + Support + Sales team is a team of 3 people.

So thereā€™s obviously a workload, and Iā€™m sorry if weā€™re missing something out.

Iā€™ve published an update on our Social Media pages regarding Public Boards & Forms.

Weā€™ve optimized the speed and performance of the app 2 months ago, and weā€™ll continue to do so, thatā€™s not even a question. As itā€™s almost the end of the year, weā€™re finishing stuff up, features weā€™re almost done creating, after which there will be new priorities, in which speed + performance improvements, discussions about csv import, integrations, automations, webhooks, etc will take place.

And @micck is a community member of ours. Iā€™ve got a vibe that youā€™re confused that we have members that use our product and support us? Iā€™m not. :slight_smile: And neither is Michael, obviously.

3 Likes

I use it to view inside Infinity the Website SEO Audit reports, Ahref, SEMrush dataā€¦ but itā€™s optional on my part. I can upload the huge rows of data anyway and view on Google Sheets. :ok_hand:

1 Like

@avg
Same experience hereā€¦ It takes a very long time on a PC or a Mac to load the data i you do have a lot of columns and items like in a CVS. On the other hand itā€™s quite a different experience on an iPad or iPhone! However, since I mainly work with PC and Mac in my daily work, I need an improvement in performance on these platforms to integrate Infinity into my daily work or to use it as the basis for my workflow. Since I like Infinity very much and I see great potential for the development of this app, I am sure that the Infinity team will find a solution to this challenge in the future. You canā€™t do everything at once, but Iā€™m confident it wonā€™t take that long. I will keep an eye on the development and wish the Infinity team a few relaxing holidays and good luck for the year 2020. Keep it up!
Best regards
Holger

2 Likes

Sorry, how do I actually do an import. I was going to request it as a feature than saw this thread. Could not find a video on it. Thanks

Hey @beknownrocket,

You can create a new folder in a single board, and you should see an option ā€˜Import from CSVā€™ in the ā€˜Importā€™ section on the right-hand side of the screen.

@holger.ruoss Thanks for everything. You rock!

Noticed than when i tried to import a csv i had just exported from infinity, i get a data type miss match error. This really shouldnā€™t happen if i have just exported from Infinity.

Also some other unexpected behaviour during the import process. When i deselect the attributes with errors, it still wonā€™t let me continue. I need to re-enable the attribute, remove the mapping and then turn it off.

1 Like

it happened to me as well. Where an item has date atributte but it is not filled, in csv file it eceives ā€œnullā€ placeholder :frowning: So I had to edit it in Numbers app to het rid of ā€œnullā€ and only then import in Infinity. Weird but true (and troblesome).

2 Likes

Iā€™m shocked that CSV import functionality STILL isnā€™t working after all this time. I just figured Iā€™d start seeing if this thing was ready for primetime again, so had a use case to do some data management with a list of less than 100 rows and about 20 columns of data ā€“ some long text field.

Tried to upload it multiple ways and times and got all sort of ā€œSERVER ERRORā€ black boxes on the right hand side of the screen. So the CSV heading structure is there but NO DATA!

Really troubling at this stage of development.

I donā€™t have problems with CSV import. Please contact the chat support. They can assist you in solving your issue quickly.

Hi @john.garvey! I would also like to recommend getting in touch with our chat support regarding this issue. I must say we havenā€™t had similar reports lately, the CSV import function should work fine.

In some odd cases, there is an issue with the file, or some special character that is causing a glitch, but generally, the functionality should work ok.

Therefore, I believe it would be best to report this issue directly to our chat support so we can investigate further what the issue could be here and hopefully solve it asap. Thank you!

still doesnā€™t work for me either :slight_smile:

Hi @remco.plasmeijer, could I also ask you to reach out to our chat support when you have some time? The CSV import should be working fine in a great majority of cases. (We sometimes do receive a report that some files are problematic, but itā€™s usually some kind of a special character in the file causing the issue.).

Keep in mind, however, that our current limit for CSV import is 3,000 items per file/import.

ā€“

Btw, I just want to mention for anyone that might land on this topic in the future - that this is a topic opened in 2019 at a moment in time when we had some serious issues with CSV import. Since then we have fixed those bugs and made improvements regarding that functionality but also performance, so I just want to say that CSV import should work fine - but if it doesnā€™t it might be a new bug or an issue with the specific file that youā€™re trying to import, so please reach out to our support so we can investigate and help you with solving the issue. Thanks!