Delete Confirmation

It is very easy to delete a lot of information at the click of a mouse. Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a setting to add an “Are You Sure?” stage, for those of us who have itchy trigger fingers (even if the “safety is on ol’ Betsy” :wink: )

4 Likes

When I want to delete a board there is a popup asking for typing DELETE. Where else would you like it to appear?

Hi there,
I guess I should have been a little more specific. I was talking about items (or “cards” as Trello puts it.)
I am currently working on a project that uses one card to represent an entire company, and all the information I have on them is saved on a single card. One slip of the finger and all that info is gone.

Perhaps another method would be to use an archiving feature, so the information is still stored, but no longer viewable on the board.

Another one that I just noticed: Folders. I think it would be good to have a delete confirmation before removing an entire folder, perhaps only if there are items inside the folder.

Yes, I agree that there should be a delete confirmation for folders (but without typing anything I guess).

If we talk about items a better approach would be to have a recycle bin feature - it doesn’t slow you down and you always have an opportunity to take back info deleted accidentally. It was suggested in a different thread, I think.

6 Likes

Tragedy struck the other day: I deleted information (an item) that I didn’t have anywhere else.

Luckily, there is a workaround: hit the back arrow on the browser, and there it was! I did have to manually create a new card and re-input the information, but at least it was still intact.

Is there any update on this?