Email When Comment Created to Include Comment

Greetings,

We just started Infinity to help manage a project and it would be helpful if the Email generated when a comment is added include the Comment.

Paul

0 Likes

Hey @paul.marshall,

Thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:

We’re currently brainstorming about ‘Email-to-task’ or even ‘Email-to-comment’ feature.

As we’re finalizing Zapier integration, it might be possible with it (or with native integration with mail providers).

However, I think it might be due July (if not with Zapier and native integrations) :slight_smile:

Hope that sounds well.

0 Likes

Yes, this would be super helpful @coa. I use teamwork.com/projects, and the email notifications when someone comments includes the comment on the BODY of the email. Which SAVES me time, by just reading the comment on my email browser vs having to open Infinity to read the comment.

Any plans for this for 2020 Q1?

LEt me know, thanks!
Jaime Nacach

0 Likes

Hey @jaime,

Thanks for the suggestion and the detailed brief.

I think this could be possible in Q2, rather than Q1.

Also, I suggest reading this article:

0 Likes

Hi @coa that would be great. Yes, the sooner the better :slight_smile: Q2 would be great. You’d save me and my team lots of time if we can have the comments show up on the boxy of the email notifications

thanks!

1 Like

Hey @jaime,

Now that I’m re-reading this conversation, I’m a little confused about my initial answer.

Was the issue here that you’d like to receive an email notification when someone puts a comment on any of the items?

Sorry for the misconception.

0 Likes

No, that’s not it. The idea is to show the “actual comment” from a comment on a task, as part of the BODY of the email notification that Infinity sends. I sent Boka from your team screenshots of how Teamwork.com does it great…

1 Like

I guess, @jaime, you are referring to this idea: Comments Preview
?

0 Likes

Got it now :slight_smile:

@man you’re right :slight_smile:

0 Likes