Folder slow with a large number of item

why do folders slow down if you have a large number of items? How can this be solved?

Hi @alessia.muggironi :wave:

Glad to see you here again :partying_face:

There are a few different reasons why that might be happening:

1. A lot of attributes
  2. References / Formulas (they are heavy attributes that require a few extra things, loading additional data, doing calculations - front end, and a bit more)
  3. Huge number of items

We do suggest having up to 10.000 items in one board as everything above that could potentially impact your speed and performance of that board.

Could you tell us a bit more about your board:

1. Can you tell us an overall number of items in that specific board?
  2. Are there any of the attributes mentioned above?
  3. Can you tell us a total number of attributes in that board?
  4. Did using our desktop app help when it comes to speed?

If you are having major issues and the board does not load at all or you are getting errors - feel free to reach out to us via live chat support and we’ll investigate the issue together with you.

:v:

I have the same issue. Tagging this to reply later with more information / details as you laid out, Marko.
My main board I have 4728 items, I believe; that’s what it shows in my dashboard…

I do NOT have formulas, but maybe 6 different references total, meaning only maybe 6 items have “reference” as an attribute at all.

Both my home desktop + work laptop where I’ve noticed the lag are i9, 64GB RAM, 8GB Dedicated graphics cards, etc; very powerful systems.

Re: Desktop vs. Chrome / web app; seems to be hit or miss, actually. I need to play with it a little more before I can answer that confidently…

Hey @strativourakis :wave:

That is unfortunate, lets see what we can do about it. According to the PC information I see shouldn’t be the problem here as you have 64GB of ram which is enough to run almost anything out there (very powerful system - as you mentioned).

Regarding the references they can cause issues, but - without digging deeper into this I cannot confirm or deny that they might be a part of the issue you are experiencing. This could very much be a performance issue.

The next line of questioning here would be:

1. How many attributes are in that specific board?
  2. How are your items divided, is there a specific folder that contains lets say 3000 items, while others contain less?

But, I would much rather have you contact us via live chat support so that our agents can get the info they need and start the investigation process which takes a bit of time and a few extra questions than what we have already covered here.

Could you reach out to us via live chat support?