Get date field to autofill to today's date?

Does anyone know if/how you can get the date field in a support ticket/form to autofill with the current date? Right now you have to click into it and select today’s date but it would be great if it would autofill.

1 Like

Hey there @jillian.noort :wave:

Welcome to the community, we are stoked to have you here :+1:

Currently what you are asking for is not possible - since it is a regular date field they will have to select a specific date they need / want and that will be a part of the item once they submit their response.

If you need to know the exact date of when the ticket was created - you can add our “created at” static attribute which will instantly display the date and time of the submission (item creation) in Infinity, after submitting the response. That specific date cannot be altered in any way shape or form - its only purpose is to show you when it was created.

Hope that helps at last a little bit :pray:

Cheers :v:

Kind of along these lines, I wish there was a “today” button in the date field.

When I’m editing an item with a due date and I want to edit the date, I have to manually click & scroll & hunt for the date I want.

Meaning; if the date that was assigned to the item was 3 months ago; a year ago; whatever; I have to manually click around, adjust the years & months to get to “Today’s Date” or whatever future date I want.

It would be very convenient (and I think it’s a relatively common feature) if we could have a “today” button, both to save clicks, but also because then I don’t have to consult my watch or calendar to check what the date is.

I could just click “today” and let infinity do the calculating for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @strativourakis :wave:

I agree with you 100%, in fact I’ll raise another internal ticket for this and let our developers discuss (even though I don’t think there’s much to think about, it still isn’t my job to decide for them especially when their hands are full with other features, improvements and much more) about it, I think it would be extremely helpful and useful, thanks for suggesting it :pray:

1 Like

In addition to a “Today” button, another feature to include in refining the date attribute is a “Go to date” date selector. The example here below is a dropdown style. Along with the dropdown, it would be nice to have the ability to also type the month/date/year into their respective field and then click enter to go to the selected date. That way users could have a couple of choices of how to select the date they want!

1 Like

I just added it to the Public Roadmap. Everybody please go vote it up:

Date selector in Date attribute

@marko, hopefully the team isn’t going to wait to see if enough users vote on it to implement it, or at least seriously consider doing so and adding it to their - albeit very long - to do list. I understand that the team has a lot of priorities, but as @strativourakis stated, it’s a relatively common feature in the functionality of the date choosing ux.

Hey @chrish :wave:

I do personally agree with both suggestions, in fact - maybe a whole revamp of the “date selection” might be necessary or even a better way of handling this in order to improve the overall user experience which will ultimately require more time but I believe its better to take a bit more time then to implement something that isn’t going to help users or improve the experience or even work as intended.

Your suggestion was added to the internal ticket and besides it we’ve linked it with an internal ticket which says " type in numbers" which can speed up the entire process overall.

Thanks guys, once things change or if i get an estimation on when this is going to get done / improved - I’ll make sure to update this thread. :rocket: :+1:

1 Like