Google Drive Integration

Google Drive integration would be great for storage and workflow.

Hey @thethomasjfellows and welcome to the Infinity Community Forum :slight_smile:

Weā€™ll most certainly include GDrive integration into one of our native integrations.

BTW. Merging GDrive with Infinity will also be possible with Zapier integration (which should be live in May). Itā€™s almost here! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Direct integration to GDrive is critical - mainly around being able to drop files in there from GDrive and being able to view things like videos, PDFs, documents, etc. Zapier really doesnā€™t help us there. We have just switched over all our storage to Google Team Drives (UNLIMITED Storage - woo hoo) so this will be very important for us!

2 Likes

Noted, @denny!

Thank you very much for this brief and for explaining the use case of the native integration with GDrive.

We really appreciate that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @coa,

i am new to infinity, testing if i can leave a 10 seat plan from asana. the asana integration of gdrive ist quite ok, they even have a small preview of the file. please let us know when an integration is planned for infinity.

btw: i love the default boards that came with the trial, got some fresh inspiration from them!

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words @JamesBond!

I also hope we can help you replace a 10-seat Asana plan, haha :slight_smile: JK, but Iā€™m here to help you create the best solution and structure for your organization.

Google Drive integration is currently one of the most requested integrations, and weā€™ll make it super easy to use, hopefully this summer (around July). :slight_smile:

Have you maybe tried pasting a google drive link into the ā€˜linkā€™ attribute type/field?

Cheers!

1 Like

another google drive integration workflow which would be useful is if it would be possible for boards to live inside google drive right next to google docs. Not sure if this is possible, or how much effort this requiresā€¦
google docs/spreadsheets/etc. create .gdoc and .gsheet files on my filesystem when syncing which would open the browserā€¦ this is pretty efficient, since i can use alfred (or spotlight) to quickly find documents and open themā€¦ no need to navigate via drive.google.com ā€¦ It would be great if each board could end up in google drive as like Some Document.infinity which simply opens the link in the browser.

1 Like

I like the part that Iā€™ve understood, tbh haha :slight_smile: Though I really believe this would save a bunch of time and make lots of progress in achieving that ā€˜all-in-oneā€™ vision.

Iā€™ll make sure to forward your suggestion to the dev team, @hpoul :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

It would be great to have a direct integration between a Google sheet and a board where, essentially the ā€œback endā€ of a board is a Google sheet and they sync back and forth with edits to the Google sheet reflecting in infinity and vice versa.

1 Like