How are people surfacing their daily todos?

Just subbed - confused already :cry:

I’ve just logged in to move some of my easier tasks over in order to evaluate Infinity for my use case. I have evaluated every major productivity platform that has been on the market since 2015 and I’ve yet to come across one that actually works for me. Strangely, this one hasn’t crossed my path until now… They’ve all had their useful features but there’s always one major flaw that makes it more of a chore to use and, therefore, me not as productive as I could be. Todoist has come the closest but I don’t get the overall view I really want to be able to use agile thinking to plan my work.

What I like about Todoist, is that once I have picked what I want to do for the day, week or even month it will automatically surface in the Today and Upcoming views or in a filter I create. This automatic surfacing doesn’t seem to be a thing in Infinity so I’m wondering what workflows people are using to build a trusted daily todo list.

Hi @BadBunnie, yes unfortunately Infinity doesn’t have a ‘Today’ or ‘Upcoming’ feature in that specific sense. You can, however, create something like this in your board. We recommend exploring folders to separate your data inside one board and then use the ‘Overview’ feature to see all that data in one place, and then create tabs for different things you need to focus on - for example, one tab for today’s tasks, one tab for urgent tasks, one tab where you will group your tasks by Status, etc.

I suggest checking this article out to learn how to take advantage of the Overview: https://startinfinity.com/help/1.0/structure/overview#app

1. You can make a filter using startdate (or anydate) equal THIS WEEK
  2. You can make a label called WORKLIST and a filter equal WORKLIST do this each night or each morning. You then have a TODAY tab for all those.
  3. Make both 1 and 2
  4. Make a filter called review10DAYS and set the dates to that

There are many ways to do this. Messing with infinity is fun and you will find you can do almost anything. ToDoist and others in that category have lots of convenient stuff but are limited to that stuff. You are struck when you run out of things to think of.

Infinity is a workhorse if you are willing to work a little. I am constantly changing my mind about what I want to see and how so with infinity I am allowed to do this.

My mind is a terrible place to live. haha

That’s all I have for now. Good luck!!

2 Likes

Thank you for adding the ideas @john2! And thanks for the lovely way to describe Infinity, that’s a great way to put it. :slight_smile: