How to import Excel or Google Sheets Data?

Good morning !

Is it possible to import data directly from an Excel or Google Sheets spreadsheet ?
We would like that each “row” is converted to an item, and each column to a attribute of that item.
Once imported, it will be easy to edit attribute names to refine the data.

Thank you !

3 Likes

That’s not possible yet but it’s on the roadmap though. I’m waiting for this feature too.

3 Likes

@man
Ok, thank you !

1 Like

Has there been any movement on this import from excel feature?

Hey @kimeul.griffith.pps,

Welcome to our CF :slight_smile:

You can import data from .csv file to Infinity.

I’m not much of an Excel user, but it allows you to export your data easily in a .csv file, right?

Yes, Excel can export to .csv file types. I will seek out this function and try the import feature.

2 Likes

I was able to convert my Google sheet to csv and import it but I had a few issues.
For example, I was using an x in a column to denote a checkbox but couldn’t see how to make it an actual checkbox since it errored out. Same thing with website urls since I put a ? in the column.
What I really want to know is how to convert an entire column into something useful by changing the attribute from just text to a “website”. It seems silly to have to copy over hundreds of individual entries to a new column.
Why can’t I change the attributes to something useful when it appears to offer me the opportunity but just says “default”? How do I change the default to what I want?

Hey @leshenderson,

The thing is CSV import is indeed troublesome, and we’re in the process of defining the whole refactor of this feature.

I am so sorry about that.

Is it okay if you sent us/attached the csv file you’ve tried to upload to team@startinfinity.com, so maybe we can try to map out the fields?

I’ve already created new columns and done the manual transfer. Luckily it was only 300 rows and I could filter them as needed.
It sure would be nice to be able to select multiple entries from one column and cut/paste to another. I could see no way to do so.

1 Like