Importing CSV with negative number!

Hi,

I have tried to import a CSV file that has a negative and positive post amount. Everything went very smoothly until when tables were generated, which all negative numbers will turn into positive?!!

I tried to create the attribute first and try to hack the software, but I believe this is a bug that needs to be addressed without luck.

If there any hack or workaround until the fix, please tell me.

Regards.

Hi @faisal welcome to the community, we are happy to see you around :slight_smile:

What I did here is create a completely new csv file, made sure to have positive and negative numbers in two different columns and tried to import it. I got the same result as you, all the numbers were positive and it did not matter if I already had number attributes for this exact purpose.

I have reported it to our team and hopefully our dev team will manage to dedicate some time to it and fix it in the future, as their hands are completely full with automations right now.

Once again, thanks for reporting it - we really appreciate it!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

I hope this will be resolved soon :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @faisal,

I am coming back with some great news regarding this CSV issue, our developers went through some of the recently reported bugs and fixed them, so one of them is exactly this CSV issue with negative numbers.

Now, when you import your negative numbers through a csv file they will appear as negative, previously that wasn’t the case.

Cheers :beers:

1 Like

Great to hear that! Thank you.

1 Like