Infinity Future Pricing Model

Hey all,

Just stumbled upon Infinity while browsing Instagram of all places. I am an avid Trello user and am always looking for ways to improve my/my team’s workflow. Infinity looks really exciting! It has so many of the things I wish Trello had.

One big question I have and cannot seem to find anywhere is what the future pricing plans might be for Infinity? Any hints? Will it be similar to Trello or are we way to far out to even know yet?

Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m curious on this too and I trust that this is something that they need to carefully discuss and devise. I have tested multiple tools like, and honestly, I’m excited about this one. Hoping the pricing model will be as flexible as the the tool itself (actually, that could be yet another marketing motto :thinking: :rofl:)

2 Likes

Hey @bagley.travis68 and @RobertoRibeiro,

Thanks for highlighting that question. :slight_smile:

Infinity Pricing page will be live very soon, but for now; here are the details:

Since Infinity is still in Early Beta, it’s completely free to use.

Once we launch the full version on March 1st, Infinity will have a free 14-day trial, after which it’s going to cost $6 per user/month if billed annually or $9 per user/month if billed monthly.

And we’ve prepared a little something for our Beta users. If you sign up during the Beta, you will receive $500 in Infinity credits which is equal to:

• 7 years of free usage for 1 member
  • 1 year of free usage for 7 members
  • 1 month of free usage for 55 members
2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the details in advance.

The beta user reward seems awesome, thanks! Not so sure about the rest. The values seem pretty standard, however the inexistence of a free(mium) version is always questionable in my opinion.

I believe Trello’s popularity is due no only to its simplicity and effectiveness, but also because you can use it for free up to an acceptable point. This point is hard to define because you have to equate profit and sustainability of the project.

In my opinion, if you have a free version and a good product it will attract a lot more users which will impulse the premium feature selling. This is however debatable and political and I’m sure you guys are well aware of it and discussed it thoroughly.

Cheers :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@RobertoRibeiro

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

We have thought a lot about the pricing and finally decided that ‘usage and feature limitations’ is not our style.

We’d love to build awesome feature-rich software in the future and we want every feature to count and show the value.

That’s why we think that the best exchange of value would be a free trial, free credits, and discounts possibility for the paid version, but without any limitations in the tool.

3 Likes

@stefan While I understand your point I must agree with @RobertoRibeiro in that I think wide spread adoption would happen much faster if there is a free tier.

The problem is that there are so many tools out there and convincing someone to take the plunge requires a pretty solid vetting of that tool. 14 days would not be enough for me personally and trying to move an entire team and evaluate in 14 days just won’t happen.

I think my worry is that to truly rival Trello there must be a pricing structure that in some way at least resembles Trello’s options.

Let me put one example on the board…

I have a few Trello boards that are used just for very long term tracking purposes. Like some education classes that I have taken that I might need to look up once in a great while. Or some annual goals that I drop in on once every 3 months.

I’d be hard pressed to pay $6 or $9 a month for that.

In addition I think just the notion of a “free” tool attracts tons of people.

You could easily pull in a good bit of the Trello user base if you have a free tier with more options than Trello offers.

I understand the need to make money and support the tool I do…but for some people even add supported would be more sensible than paying on a monthly basis.

I think one of the biggest things is how you think about the pricing model. You say feature limiting, but I would say paying gets you “power user features”. Something that a very light user would not need, but the daily heavy use person would really want. I think about it as…the person who is using the tool all of the time is the person who you care about selling to. They are the one who is using the most resources.

The development road map for you guys is just starting, but I have to believe that you are going to come up with some pretty great features that people would easily pay for.

To be fair I have a large team that is currently on Trello. We have found many limitations with it, but found workarounds over time and a workflow that while not perfect works. I love what you are doing with Infinity, but since my Team is not on Infinity I know that I would not be able to make them migrate here…and least not right now.

They will say to me…well we found a free way to do it in Trello why would we switch and pay$? Infinity will need to offer so much more for that $$ to be overlooked and I think you have it in the road map, but it will take some time to get there.

If you can get the features of Microsoft Teams, Trello, OneNote, and project in here…I’d easily pay you $20 + dollars a month for a subscription.

4 Likes

@stefan While I agree that stripping features isn’t fun, I think it’s a great way to offer a free service that pulls people in and converts them later.

I think Infinity has 3 obvious plays against other organization tools:

Trello Replacement - at minimum let people have a kanban board for free. Let people pay for more granular control. Eat Jira and Trello’s lunches.

Task List Replacement - give the task view for free and focus on the quality of the task list view/functionality. Eat all the task list app’s lunches.

Free CRM - let people email details to a table view for free, charge to do anything else. Eat Hubspot, Zoho, and Salesforce’s lunch.

I’m sure it’s been discussed plenty but keep an open mind with the free tier - it may become a last resort you end up using and it may be worth having some sort of plan for it. The free tier is only meant to replace other free tools so feature parity isn’t a requirement.

This is how a lot of other platforms do it. Get people in with a free tier, sell access to more.

I can definitely respect going against the grain and wanting to provide everything for a price, but those free tiers in other services exist for a reason - they bring so many people on board to the platform and create opportunities for you to convert.

This is just me - but when I see 14 day trials and no free tier for an app like this I’m turned off. 14 days means I need to be ready to go with a project, learn how to use the platform, and run a project in 14 days. That’s definitely not enough time to explore an app of this scope. Most projects don’t wrap in 14 days. Free means I get to keep an account indefinitely, and when I start really needing it I can pay for the features. I understand what I’m getting here as a beta user. New users don’t have that benefit.

30/60 days might be better - you get a much longer tail drip campaign going then - more time to promote the platform and inform the trial user of features they may be missing. Infinity is going to have so many applications, I don’t think 14 days is appropriate to learn it all.

I guess March will be a decision point for some of us. I am on board @ $6/mo annually (that’s good value to me) but it’s important to remember the alternative and status quo for many is $0/mo.

I also understand there are folks like me and @bagley.travis68 that will find workarounds in a free system so that we never have to pay. I think the important aspect there is that we don’t want to pay 4 different data platforms, each for one piece of the puzzle. If all of these integrations and tools are implemented well in Infinity and we don’t have to leave our dashboard, it becomes worth $6, $9, $20+ per month.

3 Likes

To add to this thread - how would it be possible to collaborate with clients with no free tier?

They would have to buy an account or we would have to pay for an account for them. Is that right?

That seems like an oversight.

2 Likes

@richardjohnpaul You bring up a huge point. What does that look like? B2B collaboration?

Most paid tools provide some form of guest access such that if I pay and you are invited to my team you can do most things, but only inside the work spaces I create.

If that kind of collaboration doesn’t exist that would be a tough sell. I am thinking about my current project that is running off 5 Trello boards and has about 20 members. They’d never convert if I told them they’d have to pay for me to tell them to do work haha!

2 Likes

Maybe this has already been considered, but a pricing structure based on # of work-spaces or boards might be a great option?

What about tiers for number of members boards and work-spaces, but make it something usable like free plans gets you 1 work-space, 2 boards, and 10 collaborators?

I know that make it more complex…but a structure like that could be an easy sell to big teams.

1 Like

The original Infinity pricing structure is still my favorite:

Infinity will be free during the Early Beta stage.

Once we enter the Alpha/Full version, it will also be free for up to 5 members, but will feature two paid plans, as well: Business ($9 per user/month) and Enterprise (for large organizations and enterprises, $21 per user/month).

Full pricing details will be released in the upcoming weeks, so stay tuned for the updates and announcements in any of our social media channels, or on our Community forum: https://community.startinfinity.com

If the users went down to 1 or 2 or 3 I think it would be even wiser, because the big money in these projects roll in from businesses who want to keep people in touch. Get the creative guys hooked-- the ones who are always looking for a better system, and then let them sell for you. Small, Medium, and Large businesses could send people on the hunt for good products, have it tested, vouched for, and then dive in to putting a team on board, or the entire company on board. This is how stable cash flow is generated, and then you have a semi-large user base of individuals who can use the product and share with friends, allowing you to “eat everybody’s lunch”

I would not have tried this product if all that was offered was a 14 day trial.

1 Like

I hope this topic doesn’t fade away with time. Future pricing is a concern for the potential adoption and growth rate of this great platform. As @richardjohnpaul mentioned, collaboration with clients and contractors is usually handled with a free account structure. Example: I could get an entire team on Trello without paying a dime, but to tweak it into what I need it for, I’d have to pay for the ability to add integrations to my boards. Maybe your solution to this could be free limited guest accounts… but that’s a whole different topic.

There are many ways to approach free accounts and transition users to paid later on. Free-trials are typically a pass for me unless the tool is one of a kind. I’m a fan of Infinity but there is a lot of competition in this market that provides a free option. Hook users on free, say the mom who runs the local youth soccer team or the hobbyist trying to organize their small side-hustle, and they’ll be more likely to push for Infinity in their work environment.

I do think that @bagley.travis68 suggested a great compromise. Below are just some possibilities if you’re open to going in this direction.

• Limiting the number of total workspaces could be an acceptable solution (@bagley.travis68). I would add that if you add the ability to archive workspaces, a free account could still be extremely functional for potential customers that are not yet ready to budget out money for tools. Accounts could be limited to 3 or whatever number of active workspaces. Paid users could have more.
  • Limit the number of rows/entries a project folder can have (similar to Airtable).
  • Limit the total number of integrations a project can have and given storage (I believe Clickup does this).
  • Limit the number of team members allowed in a given workspace or project.
1 Like

Hey @veronica

There’s a good chance that we’re going to include free guest accounts which will be available for ‘Viewers’ only to your boards.

During the Beta period, we’ve gathered a lot of feedback which basically made us realize that we’re giving something valuable to our members, which is why we’ve decided to go with the Free Trial period.

Both Freemium and Free Trial/Paid tools have its’ pros and cons, and we’re confident that we should try with option #2. Which again, doesn’t mean forever. :slight_smile:

A Free Trial could always be prolonged if you feel like you need a few extra days. We’re super flexible and have a lot of understanding to our members, and we’re definitely preparing a bunch of good deals and stuff for you guys :slight_smile:

Thanks for the amazing feedback and a lot of awesome suggestions. You rock!

1 Like

Hi @coa

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I’m glad to see your team being so open and taking in feedback! We’re all rooting for Infinity.

1 Like

I stand by my original comment:

I am, however, happy to use time to push Infinity, and find paying customers. I know plenty of people that do spend money on products, even if they aren’t sure whether they will use it permanently. I like the rewards system, and I like the one user free system (nothing public, no collaboration, just you and your own information). I understand the importance of actually making money, especially for a self-funded project, but having users and gaining popularity is a big deal for a market as saturated as information management software.

I think Infinity has a fantastic structure, and will continue to grow because it is good.

One more thought: Another potential method would be to link with Brave Browser. They allow you to send tips to websites that you appreciate. You could allow free accounts that are connected via Brave, or promote Brave and request tips in return for free accounts… It’s kind of a left-field thought, but it might be something that could be added easily: