Invite Emails Work more than once?

I had a partner use an invite link, and then forward that link to another coworker. That coworker created an account that overwrote the original user.

I think invite links should be a one-an-done kind of link…

All of the original comments from User #1 have now been attributed/assigned to User #2

That sounds like a major bug. Did you report it to chat support already?

Hi @BaiJie

Alright, so I’ve tested this and this is what happened to me.

I created one dummy email (marko1@dummy.com), invited that dummy email as a collaborator to my new workspace and board and then I created the account with that specific email and named it marko1. (then created a few items and comments )

Then I used the same invitation email link that I got for that one dummy email account and used it on a completely different dummy email (marko2@dummy.com), created an account and called it marko2 but all that did is overwrite the data from the previous account (its name, its email address ). So all the items I created or comments I made with marko1 are coming from marko2 right now.

It seems like I managed to reproduce it!

This does seem to be a bug / issue and it will be reported right now! Thank you for reporting it, we really appreciate it!

Thanks a bunch! We were pretty proud to find the issue hahaha

1 Like

Hi @BaiJie

It’s been a while since I updated you on this, however - I am here now and I am happy to inform you that this issue is now fixed and everything should work properly.

Whenever someone tries to use the same invitation email / link , it should show this notification:
“The selected invitation is invalid.” :

Cheers

1 Like