Linking back and forth

Complete newbie here so please be patient with me.

I was wondering if it’s possible to have relationship between two folders so that adjustng one link will link back to another sheet.

To put in context. I have a job number folder, and a User Folder. I add a link so that job numbers appear as a drop down tag on the User Folder. But, is it possible for this relationship to then be added to the Job Folder.

So I add John to Job 101 on the User Folder, John’s name will appear as a user for that job in the Job Folder?

Thanks

LA

Hi @luke1, welcome to the community, glad to have you here with us :wink::pray:

What we do have in infinity is called “reference” - that allows you to link items from one folder with the items in another folder, that will help you create relations or I should say relational databases.

So, if you have folder called users, with many different items in it, you will be able to link those users with items in another folder - like your “number folder” or the other way around.

The way you can potentially do it is to create a reference attribute in a “user” folder, then link each user with a specific job in a “jobs folder”. Once you do that, in your original folder where the reference attribute is created (user folder) you will see the connection between users and jobs. But, in the jobs folder nothing will appear, in that case - what you have to do is allow back reference, you can go to the “job folder”, click on “customize” button and toggle on “user folder” which will allow you to see the back reference (the user it is connected to).

Let me know if that makes sense or if I completely misunderstood you.

Also, I believe this is worth mentioning, whenever you need help - the fastest way to get help is to contact us via live chat support in the bottom right corner of your screen while in Infinity.

Cheers :beers:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I did what you suggested and it works beautifully. Thank you. I’ve only been using it a day, but I’m already extremely impressed.

LA

1 Like

Hi @luke1

You are most welcome :smiley:

Awesome, glad that works for you :slight_smile:

It can be overwhelming sometimes, but remember - we are always here for you, whether that’s through this forum, our community group on facebook or our live chat option and we’ll always do our best to help :slight_smile: :wave: