Merge Attributes with identical purpose

I’ve got maybe 5 “Description” Attributes on a Project across multiple folders… I would love to be able to Merge them into one…

I don’t know if there is an easy way to do this, or if it is one-by-one situation? Perhaps in the future bulk-edit could address this issue?

I would hope that information from one could be added to the bottom of the other, maintaining all the content, but combining into one.

Hey @BaiJie,

I hear you, bud.

It sometimes happens to me too that I create 3-4 same attribute types, name them differently, but they serve the same purpose.

For now, there is no way to ‘merge’ them. I’m thinking of a solution that you could maybe define your one key attribute, use it in all the folders, and delete the rest (btw, when you delete attributes from the whole board, you’ll get a message where are you currently using that attribute, which might help a lot).

Hi @coa,

I’m gonna try to resurrect this issue. I’d still love to be able to “merge” attributes. Again for text, values from each duplicate could be added underneath the next.

When deleting/viewing attributes, it would also be super happy to see how many items it is used, not only which folders it is presently being used.

Thanks!!

2 Likes

I’ll comment on this suggestion ticket right away with your feedback :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Thanks for being there for us @coa!

1 Like

Any update on this feature request? I’m importing multiple boards from Trello that have a common set of attributes. In Infinity each attribute is being renamed tag 1, tag 2, tag 3, etc. for the individual folders. I’d really like for them to all share same attribute name so I could sort the overview appropriately. Is there another way to accomplish this?

Hi @crossroadsbsa, welcome to the community!

I just checked, and it looks like this functionality has been moved from our Backlog to our To-Do List just a few days ago! This means we’re finally ready to start working on it.

I can also see that it has ‘Advanced’ difficulty level which means that it might take some time for our devs to find a solution and implement this.

But it’s definitely on its way. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update!