Currently Dashboard is quite similar to Trello’s which is also not intelligent.
It would be great to see more intelligent Dashboard with,
- Approaching Task Deadlines
- Possibility to select or upload Dashboard background image
- Important 5 Notifications
- Recent 5 Messages
- Recent 5 Changes
- Last used 3 - 4 Boards
- Number of Completed Tasks (or something like that)
- Number of Days Progress Made (based on progress or completions or any other means you can think)
- A line chart with daily, weekly, monthly, yearly progress (or any other variables you want to include in chart)
- etc… this area is so untouched right now in app and is so much open for creativity. Plus it is the face of the app, this will just rock the platform.
- From user case point of view just think of Enabling Business Intelligence for users through Dashboard Information.
And most importantly nothing new to be developed for most part. All that exists in DB, we just need to show it intelligently on Dashboard. This can prove game changer with minimal efforts and users will just love to sit and look at the Dashboard. while it will be so much informative that it can enable business intelligence for users.