Move Folder(s) & Board

Hi,

1. Can I move folder(s) across Board?
  2. Can I move Board across Workspace?

CloudApp

Thanks

Hi @irfantony,

1. You can easily move folders within a board by dragā€™nā€™drop. You canā€™t however, move folders between boards or workspaces, itā€™s a real bummer. As a workaround you can export folder as CSV and then import it in a desired destination.
  2. Yes but by using ā€œthree dot menuā€. Itā€™s weird we canā€™t do it by drag and drop, I guess itā€™s a bug.

Somebody should submit a request to have drag-n-drop capability for moving folder across boards or workspace.

Hey guys @irfantony,

Move board to a folder, and move folder to (another) board is a feature which is done, but needs to be reviewed and published.

However, moving across workspaces is something that we need to work on and implement yet.

2 Likes

So if I am reading this thread correctly that means we will see that soon? I just created a To do list table template I want to use in all my boards, but I could not find a way to save my table as a template.
I am a general manage at a Home Owner Association and each Board is a department so using the same to do list would be helpful.
Sorry if you have already answered this. Just found your software yesterday and purchased it last night.

1 Like

Hey Dan!

Itā€™s good to have you here, welcome!

Thanks for the opportunity.

Thatā€™s correct :slight_smile:

Move Folders to Boards & Move Boards to Folders is ready to review feature, and then merge :slight_smile:

Hi @coa, can you tell me an estimate on this, like 2020 Q2? Maybe even a month? I need to reorganize (read: simplify) my data structure and moving folders between boards would be an enormous time saver.

But, no pressure, you know :wink:

1 Like

Hey bud!

In the recent feature scoring/evaluation session, Move Folders across boards (and boards to folders) received 8/10, however a couple of big features have been scored 9 and 10.

My estimate would be late spring to early summer.

1 Like

Okay, so Iā€™ll start CSV export/import session this week :slightly_smiling_face:

I know youā€™ve guys want to do everything as soon as possible but to implement fetures you need to focus so donā€™t worry :smile:

Btw, what frequency do you estimate to deploy new features (whatever minor they might be):

• each month
  • or as they are marked as ready to deploy?

Just curoius :slight_smile:

1 Like

It really depends on what you consider by feature.

From one standpoint, weā€™re doing best to release new changelogs each month, but we tend to be late every 3-4 months and lose track in all the mess. Iā€™m sorry for that, a big part of that is my fault. But we never skip more than 2-3 weeks (to announce monthly updates, at least).

From another standpoint, there were months in which we didnā€™t build anything ā€˜newā€™ (completely visible to our members), but made terrific progress. Performance and speed of the application has been one of those, and weā€™re starting to see some kick-ass results. They will amaze you :slight_smile:

So something between the two frames youā€™ve mentioned. But Iā€™d say weā€™re leaning more towards monthly releases.

1 Like

Now, Iā€™m not sure what I asked about :man_facepalming:t3: :wink:

Anyway, Im looking to see next changelog or (even better) roadmap board :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Seems you can now drag and drop boards between workspaces.

1 Like

Yes, you can but for now you canā€™t move a folder from Board A to Board B.