Multiple account access

It would be awesome if infinity could add multiple account support. Meaning we could login/access multiple accounts from a single dashboard/login. Similar to the way tools like MS Teams, Slack, X, Instagram, Pinterest, Basecamp, Discord, Bitrix 24, etc. work where you can go to the menu and switch account profiles.

As Nifty puts it:
“Sign into multiple Workspaces under different emails to connect your accounts and find them in the same dropdown menu.”

The use case for this: as Infinity grows it’s market presence, we may be invited to other Infinity instances. In my case I have my company Infinity account and then I successfully onboarded a client to their own Infinity account. I am a member of each, and while I can access boards that I’m a member of from each account, there are some boards that the client does not want me to access as just@mycompany.com and would rather me access as just@theircompany.com.

Also, I manage their Infinity system, so I have to have a separate login (just@theircompany.com) anyway. This means I have to log in and out of the two accounts to manage each Infinity instance. If it was so as described above, I world not have to log in or out, I works simple switch profiles.

As I continue to promote and advocate for Infinity on other projects and with other clients, I could see this situation reoccurring with even more Infinity logins/accounts for me to manage. Hence the request.

We just have two different browsers open when we have the need, like one session open as the app or using brave, other using chrome … browser/app remembers the user ID, so its just a case of open or go to page.

Achieves the same.

(have our normal user account & have set up a separate admin user account to keep the day to day user interface light & uncluttered)

Yes, I use Wavebox, so my current solution/workaround is similar, only I don’t need separate tabs or windows, just switch cookie profiles. That process is very simple, so my request isn’t an urgent or important one, just a “nice-to-have” that many other productivity tools have included.

And it’s a feature that introduces some interesting options. For example, I currently farm out my services to manage Notion instances for clients. Because Notion supports multiple profiles (workspaces) in a single dashboard/ login, I am able to easily provide this service and switch between workspaces (companies, clients) in one click. I have also done this with Nifty, Basecamp, Bitrix 24, Instagram and others. Multi-profile access makes it a much better experience.

Infinity would be a similar opportunity as there are many users/teams who love the product but hate the setup/management. I have two such clients currently.

Again, this is not a feature that I would consider a priority, but I wanted to get it on the board for consideration. Especially given how many other tools have the feature, I am guessing that coding-wise it may not be not particularly complex to build.

Yes, we are aware of the limitations of our current user/workspace models. I would like to improve it but I don’t think we will work on it any time soon.

Thanks Damir. Are you part of the Infinity team?

Yes. I accidentally saw a lot of unanswered questions and decided to post the updates.

1 Like