My Day/Week @ Infinity + Inbox Zero

It would be great if we could get a list of tasks across all boards/workspaces we have access to that are due that day/week.

I know we can filter within boards but I have multiple projects across multiple boards going at once. Currently I have to keep all of the boards open to keep track of and update deadlines.

It would be great to have a central area where we can see what’s due across our entire account, and have the tasks link to their respective boards.

I think “inbox zero” is an interesting concept that a lot of organizers dream of. Even if we don’t normally see it, I think it’s still good to have a state set up that congratulates us on getting our list done/not having anything to do.

Some good examples are how the GMail app handles an empty inbox and the way Monday.com handles the Inbox and “My Week”.

Vote it up here: See all tasks assigned to a user across all boards and workspaces

1 Like

Hi @richardjohnpaul,

Yes, this is the much needed feature if you’ve created different projects in different boards.

We’ve brainstormed a few times about it already, but we’re not coming up with a good/simple ideas.

Basically if we create a ‘Workspace overview’ view where you can add/edit items, then there’s almost no purpose for Boards and Folders - and we’re probably breaking the concept.

If we do a really simple solution, the ability to only see items and links to their boards, it could be that it’s not going to provide enough value. What do you think?

Other things is that performance and permissions for this are the issue. If there’s a huge amount of data in boards, it will take a lot of time to load at this point. Or, what if someone doesn’t have the permission to view certain boards/folder/items…

The Monday handles this well because they only have one Board. And projects inside those boards are what Folders are in Infinity.

It’s not that we’re not thinking about solving this problem, but we need to find a way to do it without breaking the concept as well as to make the feature to provide enough value - that it really solves the problem.

Love to hear your thoughts.

1 Like

Hey @stefan,

I just voted up the thread @infinity.justs linked and had posted originally. There was a lot of good discussion there.

I had no idea this was such a nuanced issue! I can see how it’s not as cut and dry as “give me a overview for all my boards/spaces”.

I will be sure to continue my thoughts in the other thread when I have some time.

2 Likes

I think that just to have an overview is a good start at the moment. Linking to the item where it can be edited would be sufficient for now.

2 Likes