Native Microsoft Teams Integration

Many who use Microsoft Office are now using MS Teams.

Planner, while a Microsoft product, still seems way behind the times and development there seems to be a second thought.

If Infinity doesn’t get full chat based features like Teams or Slack then it would make sense to put Infinity inside of Teams…

All management would then drive off Infinity with Teams acting as a persistent chat space with file storage.

3 Likes

Awesome idea, @bagley.travis68

Thanks for the brief.

As we’ve recently implemented ‘Comments’ Section in Infinity and are trying to gather feedback about it, we’re still trying to figure out the strategy around the Chat feature.

(Regarding the Comments feature) As Notifications/Activity Log are scheduled for a few weeks from now, that’ll be the perfect time to see the full potential of ‘Team Collaboration’ in Infinity.

Later on, we’ll work hard towards defining and implementing the best Chat feature as possible! :slight_smile:

All the best!

1 Like

I second the Microsoft Teams integration. Many firms using Office are being transitioned over to Teams. Currently one can link Trello to Teams and access a Trello board within a team’s tab. As I transition more employees over to using Teams and Trello/Infinity, it would be nice to have either application easily available in the Teams environment so that it appears as one application reducing the perceived amount of change from what they already know.

UPDATE: You can embed Infinity directly into a tab within a Teams channel by creating a new tab and using the website link option (pink square with a globe icon). This brings Infinity directly into teams. However it isn’t an ‘integration’ per se.

3 Likes

It would be ideal if @mentions from Infinity comments could notify the coordinating Teams user in X Teams channel. I’d find this much more beneficial than simply using Infinity in a tab of Teams. Adding the option to reply to that comment also from Teams would be quite handy as well.

1 Like

I second MS Teams native integration.

2 Likes

I also support MS Teams integration, with teams integration it will make a lot of companies using MS Teams for chat collaboration and StartInfinity for tasklist, public boards, etc

2 Likes

You shouldn’t do that. Remember the UNIX principle and integrate with solutions that are always going to be better. Also Microsoft Teams is one of the rare cases where Microsoft did lots of things right and is becoming the professional chat standard. The layout of Slack is still better, but the structure and info hub capability of teams is killer.