PDF/Printable Version of Form & Storage

In addition to the details of the form populating the appropriate fields in a folder, it would be great if when the form is submitted, a PDF version is created and stored.

For example:

1. Form sent to client.
  2. Client fills out form and submits.
  3. All details in form populate in appropriate attribute fields in folder.
  4. A PDF version of the form version they filled out is retained. (I think there could be a section in the “form edit view” that collects and stores PDF versions of all submitted forms)
  5. Ideally, you could then have an attribute where you can link to the PDF view of the form.
  6. The form would then be downloadable and printable.

I’m sure there are many ways to configure this but the core feature of saving a pdf/printable version of the form would be useful in my business.

Looking forward to hearing if this would be useful to anyone else.

Hey @mjscheerer!

That’s a great suggestion, thanks.

Technically, you could upload a PDF file to the ‘attachments’ attribute. :slight_smile:

I’ll make sure to forward this to the dev team and create a suggestion ticket. Thanks!

An interesting idea. What is the use case for creating a PDF if you don’t mind sharing? Is it useful to the business or the end user filing in the form?

I think this functionality would be possible via the Zapier integration though unsure. I.E. On new record submission, create a pdf with provided data.

1 Like

I’d like a PDF print out, i use this for onsite schedules and don’t want to share the entire board with external freelancers/suppliers, and we sometimes work off a print off large format of the schedule as i’m using this for live events, on a big a scale, so having a print out is really useful, also to being to annotate to amend. Would really like a PDF print out!

1 Like

Great use case. I think exporting data in PDF format would be awesome. This is a good suggestion for implemention.

1 Like

Added to the suggestion log, @andrew.melsom! :slight_smile: Cheers.

Has this been implemented yet? I would absolutely LOVE this feature!

1 Like

Hi @brooke :slight_smile:

You can actually vote for this feature right here: https://app.startinfinity.com/b/NT8hFqSBqwx/xgjYzqVcL1U/231475d5-f6c9-4d7a-8882-bd2cb69eb358?view=777bb5cd-39a0-4da6-9524-ff20f51b2829&t=attributes