Recycle bin/undelete

Sometimes, accidents happen, especially on Monday mornings before the first cup of coffee… If you delete a folder and all its contents, there doesn’t seem to be any recycle bin from where you can restore the folder/tasks. Is this on the roadmap?

6 Likes

Hey @beritrep,

Awesome catch! Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, it’s 100% necessary to have at least an ‘Undo’ button, or sort of a Recycle Bin.

Here’s the partial solution until we develop it (March probably): Create a folder that you’ll call ‘Archive/Completed’ or something similar to that. Make sure to move all the ‘finished’ or ‘done’ items there, instead of completely deleting them.

I hope that’s not too complicated for now… But we’ll speed things up here. I promise!

All the best and thanks again! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

+1 for this

(fñlkflhkgljkgl sorry needed 20 chars)

1 Like

+1 for this. Having Recycle bean is must have.

2 Likes

Hey guys! Undo (on items) are on the way! Be prepared :slight_smile:

1 Like

But please give us Archieve / Trashcan so in case someone deletes something we can restore later. Notion has archieve for each table/board as well as global.

0 Likes

Would love undo, deleted a folder by accident and lost hours of work :frowning: Undo please!

1 Like

Hey @mail4vinh!

Gosh, I’m sorry that happened.

Here’s the thing: For now, we have an ‘Undo’ feature for items. That was the first undo feature to implement, and we’re going to continue releasing for folders, tabs (views), boards…

However: our devs can restore your folder in a few minutes. Can you just send us the board ID (link in your browser when the board is opened), and the name of that specific folder you’ve deleted by accident?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes