One of the biggest struggles with a tool like Trello is the ability to report on what happened.
Many times the leader of a board is a technical lead or project lead and need to report progress up to other people. Currently there is no good way to get a what changed extract, view, or really anything out of Trello.
The biggest ask would be for a simple way to say, “Tell me what happened between this date and that date”.
Right now Trello requires manual review and for the lead to really stay on top of things. Sometimes if we have many boards we have to have just a progress board to try and figure out where milestones are. A way to report on progress made would make life so so much easier.
Some suggestions on how this could look…
- Show where an item started on the beginning date and where it ended on the end date
- Show number of activities per item
- Show beginning owner and end owner or members
- Add an owner field to items such that it can be tracked who owns an item vs who is working on it (big headache in trello)
- Be able to track members who are active vs observers on items (filtering purposes)
- Add time tracking to items and export it to items based on members
I can come up with about 50 more but these would be enough to make me pretty happy.