Saving board setup as custom template

Low priority:

I would like to have the ability to save a board as a custom template so I can roll-out the board with every new project.

This can probably already be done by copying an existing board and reuse it. In that case there should be an easy way to “empty” the board / delete all items on it (or all items but one)

The “custom template board” should have it’s own authorisation.

4 Likes

Hey @ton,

Thanks for taking the time to suggest this feature. :slight_smile:

Custom templates are actually in our backlog of features. :slight_smile:

Actually, just yesterday @man suggested a pretty well solution regarding this matter.

We’ve thought this through, and should get at least an approximate of ETA of when it could be implemented.

But I would definitely agree with you that it’s labeled as ‘Low Priority’ for now :slight_smile:

Thanks again, Ton!

1 Like

Any news on the duplicate and save feature for boards?

1 Like

I’m interested in creating my own template library as I do the same thing and the same process for my clients. There is 1 board with 5 folders and subfolders I have created that I would use for each company I work with.

What is the best way to achieve this in the most current release?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @jerrymacnamara,

I believe the only way to do that right now is by duplicating your boards.

However, we’re in the process of talking about including ‘Duplicating boards without items’, just like we have for folders.

In the dashboard, you can just click the three dots in the bottom right corner of the board, and select an option to duplicate a board.

For now, it would be a slight hassle to remove all the items (delete previous, copied data) and just keep the structure.