Set mouse-over tooltips for links in Table view to display the link's names instead of their URLs

Please set the mouse-over tooltips for links in Table view so they display the link’s names instead of their URLs (the way links display in the Right-Side Panel).

Being able to see the names of links in Table view would be extremely helpful, especially since via a link’s attribute edit feature, we can assign unique names/descriptions to them. I would be fantastic if we could see those unique names/descriptions in Table view, just as we see them in the Right-Side Panel view.

The present behavior is fine when there’s only a couple of links, but when a folder’s Table view contains multiple items that each has multiple links, it’s too visually tedious to quickly and efficiently see what the links are for, so it becomes absolutely necessary to open the Right-Side Panel just to see their names.

Also - and more importantly - it’s not unusual for URLs to contain little-to-no information that provides a clear reference to the specific page a link is for; which is why in the Right-Side Panel it’s extremely helpful that we can see the link’s names.

Being able to see the various link’s names displayed when mousing-over them in Table view would make it clear what they are for, and much more user-friendly than only being able to see their URLs. It would also eliminate it being absolutely necessary to take the extra step of opening the Right-Side Panel just to see their names.

@chrish, hey!

Got it. I understand where does this idea come from, and I agree with you. :slight_smile:

Hence, I’ve noted down everything and forwarded the message to the dev team, as a suggestion ticket.

Thank you very much.

1 Like