"Sticky" Attributes

This is an image of attributes in one of my folders. The First “Subtasks” doesn’t have a remove option. I don’t think I ever created it. I do have a folder with that name though.

Is Infinity listing the folder merge as an attribute here?

0 Likes

It looks like a reference attribute so i guess it’s unremovable until you delete the subfolder. You can hide it in the vuews, though, I guess.

1 Like

There is actually a second “Subtasks” Attribute. I only have one folder with that name.

0 Likes

I think I have what is going on here:

This is a screenshot from a reference attribute of “A” Company’s Item:

This is the reference from “W” Company’s item:

I think the way it should work is that both items have the same attribute, the way it is displayed in “W” Company’s reference format.

0 Likes

Yeah, you might be right, first time I looked at your post it was late and I guess I had some perception issues :wink:

0 Likes

Hey @BaiJie,

Yup, that’s the automatic ‘back-reference’ named after the folder in which the linked items are (to the items from the original folder).

Though, I think it should be erased after the initial ‘Reference’ attribute is deleted.

Are you sure you want that? :smiley:

0 Likes

Hi @coa,

Yeah, I don’t want to delete the back reference. I do think that instead of creating another reference attribute, it should just be one reference attribute that is automatically added to the folder that is referenced.

That way, I know what I actually want to delete. I spent a ton of time staring at that list, and couldn’t figure out what I was actually looking at.

1 Like

Yeah, I believe the current Reference attribute can be tough to understand the way it works now.

That’s why we’re currently in the process of brainstorming a potential refactor/complete change of this feature, as it’s also messing with our performances… That would be the final performance update, btw.

0 Likes

Sounds good to me!

I do think the easiest way would be to add the attribute to both files. I think this issue can also be combined with a bunch of other feature requests… It truly is a complex little beast!

1 Like