Sum number fields in rows

It would be great to be able to sum the number fields in each row as it is done automatically in each column.

Hey @micck,

I hope we can fit the automatic sum in rows somehow.

The thing with the columns is that it was pretty logical to include it the brackets, next to the name of the Number attribute.

When it comes to rows, it’s a bit tougher.

However, I’ve put the idea in the Suggestion Log, and we’ll discuss it further :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hey Coa,
thanks for the quick reply!
Maybe the easiest would be to add that option to the numbers attribute so you can create a sum-column.

2 Likes

Hey there team Infinity,

The sum of columns actually seems very useful. Where can we find it?

Thanks!

The suggestion of @micck to add the option to the numbers attribute to create a sum column. Or perhaps create specific “Sum Column” attribute that tallies by default?

1 Like

As I think more about it, it would be even more useful to have a formula attribute:
Starting with implementing simple formulas like sum, addition and subtraction,. It could finally be used to display the present age of a person being calculated from a date attribute, or date ranges like the retention of a customer in months or years from a start date and the present day. There are many more use cases for such an attribute.

5 Likes

Hey @joep!

Welcome to our CF.

You can find the ‘Table summary’ option if you’re using a Table View.

Hence, under each ‘Number column’ / attribute in that table, you can hover your mouse and see an option to Sum, Min, Max, Average, etc your data.

@chrish, @micck hey guys! :slight_smile:

Formulas are in the roadmap as H-M priority task, and we’re expecting it in Q2. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@coa, Thanks for explaining how to use sum of columns in table view! Before now I didn’t know that’s available. Fantastic!

3 Likes

Hello coa,

How do I find the “Table summary” option?

I can’t find it anywhere.

Thanks,

Jon

Okay, found it myself. :slight_smile:

Here is the answer for anybody else who is looking for it: https://community.startinfinity.com/t/summation-of-numbers-in-table-view/1329/2

2 Likes

Hello,

I was looking for this as well. While using the Finance Tracker template https://startinfinity.com/templates/finances-tracker I see how you can add the sum for columns but are we still not able to have the same for rows? ie Job Salary last column has the sum of all months.

Thanks

Hello @John_F! Unfortunately, advanced formulas/calculations such as these are still not available in Infinity.

We do, however, plan them and they are on our roadmap in the Backlog. They are very requested so we definitely plan to start working on them soon - probably in the next month or two.

Make sure to check out this feature (and others on the roadmap) and vote for it, so it gets implemented maybe even sooner: https://app.startinfinity.com/b/NT8hFqSBqwx/xgjYzqVcL1U/93f95a34-4ee7-404d-9345-36c88ae39413

Have a great day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Will definitely need it.

referring back to Notion, which I’m sure you get a lot of, Notion formulae reference only the formula’s row, they can’t referenceindividual cells, so you can’t do spreadsheet type operations. I’d like to see both, if possible.

Hi @kim.aldis, it’s going to be similar in Infinity. Since in spreadsheets each cell has a column and number, it’s easy to single it out, in Infinity things work a bit differently. But we’ll do our best to have as many possibilities with formulas as we can. We’re finalizing the feature and are set to have over 300 formulas.