Sync with google calendar

I would love to be able to import items from google calendar as items into Infinity. We use google calendar for scheduling and would love a change in google calendar to show up as a change to my calendar here on Infinity.

6 Likes

Hey @Maveric100!

Integration with Google calendar is definitely gonna be a part of the Integrations feature in Infinity. Maybe even among the first ones :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion!

7 Likes

I’m sure being able to fully sync with an external calendar is important for some.

For me, a good a first step would be being able to export a calendar feed (e.g. ical) so it can be shown within Google calendar and synced to android calendar clients.

7 Likes

I’m out of forum votes for the time being, but consider me firmly in this camp. Calendar integration is a must for Agencies, being able to assign tasks and have due dates (and times) show up in the assignee’s calendar.

Here’s a screenshot of Ora’s fantastic (if flawed) implementation - http://research.pachecoconsulting.co/jiG4vR - the only problem I have with Ora’s implementation is that it’s an event in the calendar rather than a reminder. Also would love to automatically set calendar alerts for the event or reminder (e.g. 1 week before, 1 day before, or whatever).

3 Likes

Hi @coa any news/ETA about Google calendar sync option?

Hi Piotr, we’re still focused on finalizing the Zapier integration. This is our priority when it comes to integrations and then we’ll start thinking about the integrations that should come next. Google Calendar is one of the following ones for sure, but sadly I still can’t give you a definite answer or an ETA. :confused:

Oh yeah, you can also try to play with Zapier because with it you can create an automation with Infinity and Google Calendar. :slight_smile:

Hello… Any progress on the Google calendar integration.

Been trying with Zapier but Im unable. Any tutorial on this?

Cheers

2 Likes

Hey @yago,

The plan is to work on the native integrations in Q2.

I’ll make sure to create a video of this specific use case today and how to set up Infinity and Google Calendar integration.

4 Likes

Hi,
Zapier is so limiting for calendars etc because of the price limit on tasks. An iCal would be so much smoother and reliable. Please can you tell me if and when this will be a feature?

I keep seeing lots of posts on here about “we’re working on a roadmap” and “we’re working on ideas” - I hope the resource from all the LTDs is actually being used to make the integrations and features we’re all requesting rather than just the roadmap. We are given lots of target dates that regularly slip.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hey there @jodiemoore564

First of all, welcome to the Community Forum.

I understand your point, it’s a valid one, but we’re creating a roadmap so we can ‘merge’ all suggestions and

It’s also going to be a big ‘note’ for our team, so we can have a clear vision on what to focus on, your voice, and overall what our members have to say as a very important factor in the whole journey/process :slight_smile:

I truly hope we can work on iCal this summer. I’ll add it to the Roadmap right away.

Do you mind if you created a new topic here, on CF, so community can vote in the meantime?

1 Like

Hello, any update on this?

Hi @odeykassam, unfortunately, I will have to disappoint you regarding this topic. Google Calendar is currently not in our immediate plans, or in other words it’s not in our roadmap at the moment.

(Coa mentioned he will put it in the roadmap, but unfortunately it doesn’t work like that. It first needs to go through our dev team, prioritization process, internal discussion, etc.)

Since our roadmap is already packed, we decided to leave this integration for a bit later, but we definitely plan it for the future. Currently, you can find it in the Community’s Voice and you can vote for it there: https://app.startinfinity.com/b/NT8hFqSBqwx/bHXEV8QEJnV/a8347574-7a94-4319-845c-a9b2713f9a4a As you can see, there are quite a few features that our community deems more important but keep an eye on the roadmap for new updates and changes.

@chrish @CodeKnight @micck @infinity.justs

Having a calendar integration would be HUGE for me… do you have any thoughts? this may be a prime example of a feature lost in the Community Voice…

I found a few other posts that mention similar functionality in Community Voice, and in this Community I quickly found 6-7 posts about Calendar Syncing…

1 Like

I use Google Calendar. Having all the basic features with as much real-time 2-way sync as possible with it would be a great start. It would be HUGE for me and make me extremely happy!

I just submitted it on the Public Roadmap. I wasn’t sure whether to categorize it as a Feature or Function, so I chose Function. It’s all the way at the bottom of the list at #363.

Unfortunately before I submitted it I didn’t think to search to find if it was already on (or read Jovana’s post above with the link to it on the Public Roadmap). When I searched I found the request for Google Calendar Integration, with only 27 votes, so I added my vote to it. It’s currently #22 on the list, which on a list of over 350 items is pretty good, but it’ll l need a lot more people to vote it up to move it closer to the top.

5 Likes

I use google calendar as well now, only way i could get proper notifications on my phone, and PC… :slight_smile: I would want to see this integration happen in infinity. The way airtable does it is to have their own calendar view in the app which you can then get an .ical link for to sync with your own calendar. It is a one way sync though, so view only in the calendar app of your choice.

1 Like

The good news is that this integration was moved to our Roadmap since my last comment - it’s currently in the Planning section so it’s still a bit down the road, but due to the votes and comments in our communities we decided to ‘approve’ it for the roadmap a few months ago. :slight_smile:

2 Likes