Who can delete a board?

From what I can tell, any user can delete a board. From my perspective, that is NOT good. I think only an Admin or the Owner should be able to delete boards / make any major modifications to settings, etc.

For example, someone could get fired and they respond by maliciously deleting all the boards in which they are assigned? Not a good situation to be in.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct (that any user can delete a board)?

2 Likes

G[quote=ā€œjoe.davis, post:1, topic:661, full:trueā€]
From what I can tell, any user can delete a board. From my perspective, that is NOT good. I think only an Admin or the Owner should be able to delete boards / make any major modifications to settings, etc.

For example, someone could get fired and they respond by maliciously deleting all the boards in which they are assigned? Not a good situation to be in.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct (that any user can delete a board)?
[/quote]

G:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:reat point Joe!

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing! Also only owners should be able to delete workspaces. Also Deleting folders should also be deleted by owners aswell, and then maybe a permission setting for letting managers or users delete or add too.

1 Like

Hey guys @joe.davis, @zeljkocelikovic, @lokkom,

Youā€™re right:

But since weā€™ve recently started focusing more on B2B, this is definitely something to improve.

Our CTO will try to switch the ā€˜board deletingā€™ permission to ā€˜Ownerā€™ and ā€˜Adminā€™ roles only today or tomorrow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is the status on this? From what I can tell, a restricted user invited to a board can remove the owner who originally created the board and can delete the board. Iā€™m not finding any way to change the security settings for this.

Hi @cio,

Welcome to the Community Forum.

Where did you see an option for a restricted member to delete the member? Weā€™ve deleted all possibilities when it comes to restricted members deleting boards.

BTW. Admins and full members can delete boards only from board settings.

(Iā€™ve just got a hint from our developers that ā€œDelete Folderā€ permission also works for Delete boards). Iā€™ll make sure to test that in a few hours, Iā€™m running late for a meeting. :slight_smile:

Just discovered a huge bug. Thank you SO MUCH. Weā€™re on it!

@coa, my apologies for lack of follow up. Got a bit of a start reviewing Infinity for use but our team has been stretched too thin to even experiment much this past month. Coming back to it now. Weā€™ll check more thoroughly on this specific issue and be testing other team/multi-team and possibly ā€˜multi-tenantā€™ collaboration scenarios for security and manageability.

Thanks,

Joshua

1 Like