Attribute Modification

Hello,

I just created a folder in my workspace, importing from a csv file. The wizard guided me in mapping all column type and everything looked good. Then I noticed that for one column, I chose Text attribute instead of Number (it was a currency column, in €).

In the table view, I’m trying to change the attribute “Deal Value” from Text to Number (currency value), like I did for other columns, but I cannot change the Type of Attribute, I can only edit the name or the default value of the Text field.

Thanks for any advice.

Alessandro

2 Likes

Alessandro,

I don’t believe that you can edit the attribute type at this time. This is a definite issue and hopefully one that will be addressed soon. In the meantime, you can add a new attribute of the correct type and copy over the info from the previous attribute. Not very efficient but workable.

3 Likes

@coa @stefan On this same topic, if/when you allow for editing the attribute types, it would be great if you could enable that feature directly in the individual attribute popup menu along with the ability to delete an attribute in that menu. This would be especially helpful with regard to reference attributes when creating new boards as the associated folders have not yet been created thus “Reference” attribute is not a mapping option.

2 Likes

That’s what I did yesterday to go on. I thought there was something I was missing. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @alexdelprete!

@infinity.justs is right, we don’t have an option to change attribute type for now.

That is a serious consideration right now, as the whole refactor of CSV import feature is on the way (that might include ‘change attribute type’ feature), which is by the way really complex, so we might take some time.

Thanks @infinity.justs, I’ll definitely include this as a suggestion ticket. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @coa,

I think the Attribute Type modification should not be related only to CSV import function. I could create a new table manually and decide to modify later a column/Attribute.

Thanks for your support.

Alessandro

2 Likes

In your work around, I can only copy one field at a time…is this accurate?

If I were to make a new attribute of the proper type, I have to copy over the data one field at a time?

I found I couldn’t copy data out of the table easily at all…this seems broken? Please confirm.

Hi @robertgranholm, we don’t have an option to change attribute type or copy/paste values easily.
The feature is in the roadmap, here’s a link:

Thanks, at least it’s on the map.

2 Likes

yes please! This pre-supposes that we know exactly what we need before we setup a folder ;-(

Any update on this @stefan? I know the multi select had been pushed which makes this feature more critical. One or the other, “attribute modification” or “multiselect” would get us through for a bit, but having neither is a huge deficiency. Really kills the workflow when you have to change a column type (attribute). Only options:

1. export to CSV and rebuild the entire board
  2. move each record from existing attribute to new attribute one by one. (Not at all feasible when you get over a hundred records.)
  3. export to CSV and import to a new subfolder, then use the reference attribute to show these items (works but not ideal)
1 Like

Hey @infinity.justs! Thank you for the post.

Unfortunately, the feature that Stefan mentioned is still in the Planning section, which means it’s still not among the top priorities.

Multiple Select, on the other hand, is something that is of critical priority. However, our developers have run into an unexpected issue just as we were almost done and were testing the new feature. Since then, they have been trying to overcome this and find a solution, and we’re all looking forward to this feature’s implementation. I’m also hoping it will happen soon. :pray: