Comments in Tasks

But do not forget, Infinity has tables . Ora and Clickup do not yet. So with Infinity also makes sense list attributes from up down in the same order they appear in table view. If attributes will be distributed across the task card, will be a mess. So infinity is taking Airtable’s approach. I just hope comments & activity are moved in the same tab and will be placed on the right of attributes (just like Airtable does it).

I just feel there needs ot be prominence given to comments. After all if you start a project of ideas, whats 99% of people going to do, They are going to comment. I love the fact that in a lot of the apps, you can comment , then see the file all in one place without having to tab to look at things. So there is a constant flow without the constant clicking

I completely agree with you. I think the best solution keep attributes the way they are now (Airtable style) and move comments & activities in the same tab. So a card will have just one tab, we will see attributes, can comment right away and see all activities on the card. So definitely looking forward to this change for a better productivity. Would that make you happy if comments & activities were moved like I described?

1 Like

The other thing I have a massive problem with is, when I attach a file it shows up on the task. Why does it show up there? And if you delete that, the whole task gets deleted. It should only be shown in the attributes in this case not on the Task box.

Vito thats fine, but I still prefer Comments and activities on the 1st tab and attributes shown as the 2nd tab.

I understand you, I think best approach is all in one tab so we see attributes, comments, activities in one single tab (Airtable, Ora, Clickup have this like that). This will make everyone happy when we get rid of tabs. I hope someone from Infinity team can express their opinions on suggestion =)

Yes I like Clickups layout , all in one so you dont have to do the constant clicking to get to places.

1 Like

For me and my team members the most important thing is “Checklist” attribute and I woudnt like it to be moved into the background because of comments.

UX and UI can be powerful and accomodate a lot of scenarios and I guess Infinty’s design team can make all of us happy but they do need time and feedback to make it right.

Yes but checklist can be there without a big attribute tab being there right up front. But no matter what, no one since we are humans can we please 100% of the people. So its is really up to Infinity to decide but going by EVERY single competitor they put comments to be the priority. If you dont think so then you havent played with many apps like this then.

There is only one solution to make EVERYONE happy - get rid of tabs. Have everything in one tab: comments, activity, attributes. Just like other tools doing it - Airtable, Clickup, Ora. Best to watch Airtable as it is the closest competitor with similar table structure.

2 Likes

Have you thought about rewriting this sentence because it’s quite unintelligible :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have used Asana, ClickUp, Quire and Trello and attributes are first and foremost and not comments. What may confuse you is the fact that in those apps everything is on one page instead of tabs (with the exception of ClickUp where we have dual panel)but anyway… due dates/tags/description/etc at the top and comments/activity are at the very bottom.

I agree, however, with @Vito that tabs are suboptimal and a new design is needed in due time.

Yes it was a typo, meant to read: no matter what since we are humans we cant please everyone. And I meant what I said about comments, you see it all in one view. Attributes in most others are just icons so if you can see comments in the 1st view , it means comments do get the preference.

Totally Agree with you.
Attributes should be on the first and default tab, se we can see the description, deadline and other details.

The best solution have like others mentioned everything on one tab with nice layouts.

I agree, Right now there is way too much clicking going on just to get to places. Once thats sorted I can start using this but for now I am still using Ora.

Have u checked out Gitscrum , they use Tabs and it is really efficient, if we put too much info on one tab -it will lead to excessive scrolling.

Had Gitscrum, did not like it. UI is bad, and I doubt it will become a big tool. Owner is nice and friendly, but its not in category of tools that interests me. Plus we do not use Scrum methodology which Gitscrum is all about. But the deal they have is really good with white label coming, and unlimited everything. I like items that are built in a nice visual way, Clickup, Ora and Airtable are so far best ones. Infinity can catch up if team decides to improve UI/UX. Also love tools that value native integration, ClickUp is definitely a leader here. But I am also waiting for native chat in Infinity (Ora has one coming as well as Clickup). As to no tabs and info on same page, if layed out nicely can be done perfectly. Airtabe has it done efficiently and love using it.

You have to scroll. Because infinity has tables, the opened card/task must have all attributes listed in the same order from up to down to make sense and represent what we see in table. So it is different from Clickup, Gitscrum which do not have tables/database that must follow the order to make sense. Also if Infinity introduces forms, will also make sense have same order, so when client fill up the information the fields are positioned exactly as in table (we just will have option turn off which field to show and hide). I think Airtable is the closest we should follow because it is the tool that also has tables and the struture can be compared. Clickup does have custom fields, formulas are coming, so might also be a nice comparison. But Gitscrum and Ora are more Trello like. Even though I love Ora UI.

1 Like

Quick Feedback:

I like it Just how it is

And here is the answer that pleases everyone (minus developers):

• Could it be configurable? - Maybe a clicking/dragging the comments to the left could rearrange the comments to be in front of the attributes, or maybe dragging it down could place it on the same page? Maybe this could be a settings preference as well.

The goal of infinity is to be flexible: I believe it can please 100% of everyone, despite the fact that we are people. That’s why we have this community :slight_smile:

3 Likes

+1 to have comments show up first before attributes, or at least have to option to choose. Infinity is very flexible so IMO that would fit.

By the way, congrats on a great app. Kicked the tires, spoke with Jiovana during a demo, and I’m getting the deal with 5 workspaces now. Looking forward to see your app improve. Cheers!

1 Like