Growing Need, Growing Urgency: Checklist improvements

I know we’ve talked about this before (Due dates for Checklist items, Creating a task list from a template, with due dates based on "days from today", New attribute: Sub tasks, Reminders for subtasks, Comments in Tasks, Nested tasks ("true" subtasks) etc.)…

I would really love to see tasks get a little bit of love. Consider this a “bump” for the following features:

1. Subtasks
  2. Due Dates
  3. Reminders
  4. Uncompleted tasks filter
  5. “All Projects” view
  6. Task automation logic (and overall automation features)

I know that some of those features are behemoths, but it seems that these are all of the high priority features from Infinity Users.

Thank you for the nudge @BaiJie. :slight_smile:

We know these are important and definitely plan to show tasks some love and focus on these features in the upcoming months. I believe there’s no need to mention the roadmap as you’re probably familiar with it but some of the first things that are coming are automation (if this then that, recurring tasks and reminders). API is also going to be a huge focus very soon. And subtasks will probably have to wait for a bit longer but are definitely planned (and in the backlog at the moment).

1 Like

I am glad to hear reminders are coming. At the moment I can set a due date and even create the item in the calendar, but what’s the point if it doesn’t have reminders.
A reminder should be the Due Date but also 24hr or 2 days before as set by the user and it should be dead easy to do.

To be honest, reminders can’t come soon enough, Infinity could be the Best task management app out there with proper reminders and I desperately want to leave Microsoft tasks behind and only use infinity.

2 Likes

Due dates for checklist items would be a real plus.
I imagine that we could see a duplicate view of each card in the Calendar Tied to the date of the checklist item within.
With a visual clue to show its tied and how.
Then moving that tied card in the calendar would change the date of the checklist item and if there were more than one item for a specific date it would bunch up as one item with the ability to drag out just the one checklist to another date again.
Hope that makes sense.

1 Like

Hm, not sure I fully understand the last suggestion @Derrick. :thinking:

However, dates for checklist items will probably be covered with subtasks. Of course, subtasks are still a bit down the road so we haven’t fully defined how they will work but you can check out some comments here and add your own.

1 Like

The idea would be to be able to view individual checklist items in the calendar view.

For example. Item A has checklist topics 1, 2, and 3 with due dates of the 11th, 12th, and 13th.

In the calendar view. The 11th, 12th, and 13th would display checklist topics 1, 2, and 3, with a subheading of Item A. When you click on the checklist topic, Item A would expand into view.

2 Likes

Yes that’s another way of doing exactly what I was imagining. It doesn’t matter how its done as long as the item shows on the calendar for the date. Whether it means repeating card A for each date on the calendar or just showing a paired down task that shows its from A.
all good.

1 Like