Comments Upgrade

I would love to be able to leave comments that support Markdown formatting… Would that be a quick/easy implementation?

2 Likes

Hey, that’s awesome suggestion!

Yeah, that would probably be the quick thing to do. I’ve just talked it through with our dev dedicated to the Comments feature, and he’ll get to it the next couple of days. :slight_smile:

I’ll update you on the progress regarding this function in the beginning of the next week, okay? :slight_smile:

Sounds good! Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Hi there!

Can I get an update on this? I have been using the comments heavily, and while I can use keyboard shortcuts (or copy/paste) for RTF, I don’t see an integration with markdown, or an easily accessible “WYSIWYG” UI in Comments yet…

Also, when I copy the comments and paste them in different applications (email, word, etc.) there is an issue with extra line breaks when they didn’t exist before. Not sure if that is a bug, or formatted that way on purpose.

Thanks!

Again back on the comments… I tried to paste in an email today that was a little bit longer than most (about 20 lines with maybe 5 hyperlinks and an image that is about 70 kb) and it wouldn’t post. Hitting enter only started a new line, instead of placing the comment.

I would love if the comments (and the long text attribute) acted like this forum, where posts have high content capacity, and RTF capabilities if necessary… :slight_smile:

Hey @BaiJie!

We’ve experienced the same bug before, which made us realize that upgrading comments is a must and should be done as soon as possible.

Honestly, I need to check where Comments are on our priority list. I’ll remind and ping the devs to see if this wouldn’t mess with their sprint plans too much. I’ll push this as much as possible. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the patience. You rock!

Hey guys, have you checked new comments update? Now we have rich text editor for comments where you can format text and add attachments.

2 Likes

Yes yes I have, Thanks for the update! I would love if the comment could be submitted with control (or command) + Enter.

3 Likes

Thanks. It’s a fantastic update!

1 Like

We’ve also added the full content of the comment in the email when you receive a notification.

5 Likes

YAY!! Our CEO will be elated!

2 Likes