Flexible Background Images & Color Selections

This one is easiest of all from implementation point of view. With image compression technologies nowadays performance should not suffer too for background image loading.

1. It would be great to have Dashboard Background Image, Workspace / Board Background Images. Like Trello and almost all other tools offer that for a reason. It just helps user to personalize the tool giving it a personal touch to it. Plus it will look pretty. If you want you can have couple of tested options to choose from including just plain or gradient color background images.
  2. Board Colors, Label Colors etcā€¦ wherever there is need to have color in app, currently there are quite limited number of colors. Just adding more colors or possibility of giving color palate will just help user to not have duplication of colors and more importantly user will have possibility to even personalize with more flexibility with whatever color preference user has.

Hey @gosahd,

I think this was part of the suggestion Iā€™ve already put into the pipeline, which you also shared on the CF.

So Iā€™m definitely with you on this one!

1 Like

The other feature request I put with more advanced business intelligence enablement was a bit more time consuming and careful planning for the dashboard to be accurate and meaningful.

This one is just about beautification, personalizing and a bit flexibility This one is quite simpler I think to get introduced. It will remove that plane white background and make it a bit more eye pleasing.

No worries, leave it to you.

1 Like

I agree. As someone who uses Trello and is considering moving a team of more than 30 people to Infinity, the simple ability to customize the background and card ā€œcoversā€ (as labeled in Trello) would really help to make the product feel more personal and flexible. I would recommend having a bunch of stock images and a broader color spectrum as generic first step, and allowing people to upload images would be a second step toward full customization.

Although it doesnā€™t affect the usefulness of the product at all, my guess is that it would be very appealing to existing and potential users.

3 Likes

100% agree. Iā€™d love to have custom backgrounds. But you can have card covers right know but look nice only in Columns View (just add attribute ā€œattachmentā€ and upload you picture).

Thanks for your input @esmeet7 and @man! If you havenā€™t already, make sure to visit our roadmap and vote for this functionality - here is this item.

Currently, itā€™s not a top priority and itā€™s in the Planning column, but this may as well change with the usersā€™ votes and if itā€™s easy to implement, our dev team also tries to squeeze those ā€˜easierā€™ tasks into our schedule whenever possible.