Infinity Product Roadmap

Voting added :slight_smile:

3 Likes

YES! You guys rock.

Not sure if this would be helpful to the community, but there is a “mark solved” plugin that would allow a user or staff to mark a thread as solved. Could be helpful for any of the bugs reported in here. Not sure how stable it is but it might be something to consider.

5 Likes

Do we have an update on Mobile App development? I haven’t heard those words in a quick minute.

Hey @BaiJie,

We’re hoping to see them in May! :slight_smile:

Have you tried using Infinity on via browser on your phone? What do you think? :slight_smile:

1 Like

When will the March 2019 update launch? Asking for a friend :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @coa,

I have gotten on a few times. I honestly wasn’t too thrilled using it. (iPhone 8, Safari [even though I like Android better… haha])

The folder navigation on the phone resulted in accidental creation of new folders, so getting from one place to the next was difficult. I was unable to delete the folders after I created them on the phone because of the squished interface, and had to do it later on my box.

After that, it worked alright. I hope that you go towards the direction of Trello in mobile development, as opposed to Clickup (don’t make only one column navigable at a time), and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make offline smooth. It is the one thing that I really want to see get nailed.

Thanks for all your hard work!

1 Like

Thanks for the honest feedback :slight_smile:

I’ve forwarded it to our devs, and I’m sure they’ll make improvements on navigation and overall interface. :slight_smile:

Noted! Trello for the mobile :slight_smile: And offline mode - got it. I’ll just need to double check with our devs where it is on the priority list and if it’s included in the mobile apps version.

Thanks, man! We really appreciate everything you’re doing!

I’m happy to help in any small way!

I think the starting post on this page is ready to be updated by the way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hye, great. we are already in May, when are we expecting to have mobile apps?

Any idea perhaps when the following features will be added:

• Bulk Edit / Multiple select
  • Export to CSV
  • Day view (for items with a date and time)

These are the most important for me now to actually use infinity properly

Hey @marc.maessen,

Bulk edit / Multiple Select is currently a Medium priority.

1. Our plan is to focus right now on roles/advanced permissions, and after that, we’ll make a Bulk Edit / Multiple Select a high priority task/feature.

2. Import / Export of .csv files is a work in progress task. The newest addition to our team is an experienced full-stack developer who has started working on import/export .csv feature.

Here’s one of the previews from Invision:

1. Regarding ‘Day View’: My suggestion would be to have a separate view and combine grouping (ex. by date) and filter options (filter out only today’s date).

23%20AM

Hope this was helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @zulhafizackcorps,

Thanks for the question.

So, we’re hoping that our members will be available to download the app in roughly 4 weeks from now.

The app will pretty much be similar to the current mobile web version, with a dedicated team improving it and adding additional and unique value over time.

We’re sorry for the slight delay, but it’ll be worth it. I promise :slight_smile:

First of all thanks for the quick and detailed reply !! The CSV import is looking great in any case and I hope the Export function will be ready within the next 2 months.

The Day View workaround doesn’t work for me as I also need to see the start times of each item. This isn’t visible as far as I can tell.

For your information, in order to work with and learn from Infinity I’m using it for a fun project for an upcoming festival with LOTS (over 200) bands spread across 11 stages over 5 days. I want to add dates and start times, incl. the stage names and preferences as lables. I then want to generate an overview per day which shows me something similar to an Outlook day view of your calendar basically (with timeslots) but also has the option to display other information on the items entered like lables.

If this isn’t possible, then I need the CSV Export feature mostly as otherwise all my information won’t be ready for me to use when we go to the festival in little over 2 months time and I might have to stop using Infinity for this test and setup something different for learning to use it with :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @marc.maessen

Thanks for the detailed brief!

Also, thanks for taking a chance with Infinity, as well. I think your use case is so exciting!

Regarding the ‘day view’: What do you exactly mean by 'you can’t see the ‘start time of each item’?

I just wanted to let you know that you can have multiple attributes of the same type. For example, you can have two ‘Date’ attributes (toggle / include the time field - which is located in the attribute settings), which would be called ‘Start Date&Time’ or just ‘Start Time’ and ‘End Time’.

49%20PM

The UX of the time shown will be improved this week :slight_smile: (spacing between date and time).

I’ve also added a slight alternative: Using ‘Text’ attribute to keep track of time.

Hope this was helpful :slight_smile:

We are very confident to see .csv import/export in the next 4-6 weeks, so I think it’ll definitely be under 2 months. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My main question is on the Gantt / Timeline view, ideally this view will be dynamic in its start/end times rather than static. Most often plans change, and the main static aspects of it being how long tasks take, which resources they use and after which other tasks they start.

My ideal would be a view that supports the following:

• Duration-based layout as opposed to manual entry of start/end times.
    I.e.: A task would have EITHER a start-date dependent on resources + last end date of preceding tasks, or a static start-date. This would automatically calculate the dates for relevant tasks so you don’t have to change everything if a single task changes starting date.
  • Preceded-by and Subtask-of semantics.
    • Preceded-by: The tasks that need to be finished before this task can start.
    • Subtask-of: Hierarchical grouping in the view, but which also increases the end date of the parent task to minimally that of itself.
1 Like

The above feature request / outline can also be handled by writing the updating ourselves (webhooks) or if internal card links are allowed for external integrations (Zapier).

Short term, that would probably work “well enough” for us.

Hey @lumenon_infinity,

Valid point and great suggestions.

Layout or ‘template’ with the timeframe you want is something that would definitely benefit a lot of us Infinity members.

However, as a pretty newbie guy in the dev space, I think this would be a hell of a job for our dev team (which is currently loaded AF, tbh. But the team is expanding, so yeah :slight_smile: )

I’ve recently answered @micheal on the topic of developing ‘automations’, hence dependencies in Infinity: we’re going to stick to creating the ‘core’ of our app which is based on inserting, documenting, structuring and organizing your data.

That means that Gantt will probably won’t have that complex features in the beginning, but rather all the existing ones (Group, Sort, Start/End Date like in Calendar, etc). Also, as we introduce more composite system to the whole app, Gantt (and all other views) will definitely be included in the whole process.

Here is the idea of what it will look like:

3 Likes

Having thought on it, I agree that’s the best approach.

For our purposes webhooks, even the minimal points already exposed to Zapier (update notification, update item), would solve most issues.

Creating an automation for the timeline would not be too much work and I agree that the best approach for Infinity is to offload development for those plugins to the market as to better focus on the core product. (as often the requests are very customer specific)

2 Likes

Do we already have mobile app ready?

1 Like

@zulhafizackcorps, hi! :slight_smile:

They’re maybe 75% done. We’re expecting first version available to download in July. :slight_smile:

1 Like