Infinity Product Roadmap

Will there be a Mac Version too as it is now easy with catalyst?

Hi, @knuthake,

Probably not this quarter. Mobile apps are a huge priority, but Desktop is not for now.

Question for those asking about the mobile app - what’s your use case here? For my purposes, I can’t think of a reason for me to use an Infinity mobile app, so I’m curious.

2 Likes

Hello Micheal! For me, the mobile app will be a game changer.

I am currently using infinity for myself to organizing my life everything from school, projects, hobbies, yearly themes and more.

I currently using 3 different apps for organizing everything (Microsoft to do for daily items, simple notes as brainstorming/list app and infinity for major projects). A bigger problem for me is the calendar side and when the google calendar integration (using it for my smartwatch) I would like to see everything in one place and interact in there.

Currently, I am restricted from adding daily items (only major projects in infinity) that I want to see and interact with every day (have a widget on the home screen) and I would like to have fewer apps that I use which this would allow by having daily items in infinity and more of the brainstorming.

The coming feature Gnatt view will be extremely interesting as I going to have many deadlines soon and if I will have a visible timeline on every school assignment that will be a major improvement in my life. But when I am adding these things I am often not sitting with the computer in front of me.

The biggest benefit with an app is that you will have it around everywhere and if you are on traveling foot or want to use the app to brainstorm in that is almost a requirement.

1 Like

Interesting. I’m organizing my entire digital agency in Infinity, and I don’t see much use for an app. I just say, “Hey Google, remind me when I get to my office to add XXX to Infinity”… easy.

@coa Is Infinity web app not mobile responsive? It would be far less cost in dev resources if you guys developed the web app as mobile responsive from the ground up. With android/ios apps, you’ve got updates on two more platforms to deal with constantly, on an on-going basis. Seems like a no-brainer for a SaaS tool in 2019 to invest in mobile design and just make the actual web app mobile responsive and skip the whole app craze. If people want a web app on their phones, they can put a browser link on their home screen. It just seems like an app is a huge added expense for you guys and I wonder how many people will actually use it. Make sure you guys install analytics on the app to track anonymous usage - if no one is using it, ditch it and focus on mobile responsiveness for the web app.

(Thinking out loud… :))

1 Like

I think that @michael mentioned an important factor, namely the usage of available resources but I think a mobile app is still worth it. I tried to use Infinity on mobile but it’s justnot the same. Even after applying RWD there’s still a lot of scrolling and all experience is suboptimal. On the other hand a dedicated mobile app is much better, e.g I don’t dare to use Trello web app on my iPhone but its iOS app is handy and quick to use.

I don’t know how it will be with first version of the apps but I’m sure they are going to be used. In my organization not all classrooms are equipped with desktop or laptop computer but every teacher has a cell phone so I defintely see value here.

Of course, it’s good to exchange ideas and compare all of our use cases :slight_smile:

100%, that’s why I asked about use cases for the app. From what I’ve heard so far, a well-designed, responsive web app would do the trick, and at a lower cost to Infinity than building an app.

Keeping in mind that just because Trello or the current Infinity web app are bad on mobile right now, that doesn’t mean they have to always be that way. For all the resources that Infinity will spend designing and keeping an Infinity app up-to-date on two platforms (assuming they don’t make tablet-specific versions), they could redesign the mobile front-end to be responsive like an app would be and not have to worry about keeping code trees for Android and iOS. It’s really just a matter of where you’re doing the designing.

A great argument for having a mobile app over just a responsive web app is the additional exposure that one might get marketing a mobile app on top of the web app…

I wonder how a tool like https://convertify.app/ would work for Infinity? Saaswiz.com is having an LTD on it right now.

1 Like

Well, the resources have already been used as it is almost completed and to keep it updated is less of an issue so I do not see the argument of wasting resources a factor here and I personally think the majority of the users have a big benefit with an app. The apps can be more specialized to the needs of mobile users and you can use infinity more frequently which I think the developers want. Is there even any popular productivity software without an app on either android or apple?

The problem with a well-designed responsive web app is that it can not use the smartphone to the full potential. Etc. notifications, offline use, faster, cannot use the device utilities and more.

2 Likes

Hey guys @JaY, @micheal, @man!

First of all, thanks for sharing your thoughts on Infinity usage, either the web or mobile version.

Infinity is fully responsive on mobile devices yet. I’m personally using it via Chrome on my mobile device, and although @man has a point where he says it’s not the same, it’s pretty convenient and usable. But I haven’t tried many other PM tools on mobile devices, except for Trello and Jira. And it just isn’t the game changer for me.

As I mentioned before, the first versions of mobile apps will probably be downloadable ending of July, with improvements to the current mobile version. More features included, better UX/UI. But those make roughly 15-20% of improvements to the current version.

Btw. Good news is that we’ve recently hired a new developer who is actively working on improving the current mobile version (via browser) and helping one of our core developers to build mobile apps.

We’ll definitely set up analytics for the usage of mobile apps and track everything. We’re all about tracking and analytics :slight_smile:

But the whole SaaS (or PM) industry is very ‘dependable’ or just highly appreciates mobile apps haha.

All of you, thank you very much, again!

3 Likes

Just to add on to this… I think one of the biggest things a mobile app will provide is offline support. I know this isn’t going to be available in the first iterations, but I need access to the information I have on Infinity on the fly, and I can’t currently do that. With a mobile app, I can access the data I have on 300+ companies, and make quick updates without being at the desk.

Having a web app is fine and all, but when you are able to pull up/add on what you need, whenever you need… You get the point.

My current favorite application of this right now is Notion. My current favorite in terms of functionality is Infinity!

5 Likes

Realtime infinity product road map anywhere?

The old versions i keep finding aren’t giving me a good sense of progression.

Please help!

Who knows maybe they can even set up a publicly viewable version using the infinity application itself?

3 Likes

Yes, it was promised to be live, I don’t remembr exactly when, probably when voting feature will be added.

1 Like

What is this? https://infinity.canny.io/

1 Like

It’s old community/roadmap hub for the old version of Infinity (when it was grid based). No longer in use.

1 Like

Hey @CodeKnight,

We’re in the process of creating a new roadmap. We’ve had a few troubles organizing ourselves with creating the roadmap, however, for now, our #1 priority is to improve performances and speed of the app, which means we’ll need to redefine our whole infrastructure. Hopefully we’ll finish all of that in half a month to a month.

After that, we’re focusing on stuff like native integrations, reminders for tasks, reference improvements, etc.

Here’s the changelog of previous releases: https://headwayapp.co/infinity-updates

1 Like

Hey @coa

Was the change log you just linked posted somewhere before now, if so where? It’s one that I somehow missed. This is the first I’m seeing it. I didn’t see it in the Community Forum Change Logs section and I don’t recall it showing up in any other CF topics before now.

If change logs won’t get conspicuously posted in the CF, would it be possible to email them to CF members?

Also, this change log is titled “January 27, 2019 Updates”, is that a typo? Should it read “2020”?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @chrish,

The link to the changelog is located on our website (in the footer), and has been posted in the Facebook Community, I believe.

I’m not 100% sure if I pasted the link to the changelog on the CF, but I’m sorry if I didn’t. It’s somewhere in my head that I have done that, but like I mentioned, I’m not 100% sure.

I’ll make sure to post every update as an individual topic here, as well (next one for February 2020).

The change you’ve suggested has been made :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @coa,

Any chance of that changelog being updated to a public infinity board soon? (or a private board that I can be a member of? :wink: )

It would be so nice to be able to see everything in a board that includes columns with suggested features (and status of consideration/implementation/votes by members etc), implemented features (with date attribute to know when implemented) and bug reports/fixes. So much easier than the current amalgamation of multiple tools together to get the whole picture.

4 Likes

@coa might want to take this old version down. https://infinity.canny.io/

Initially posted all my suggestions there, but then later realised that this was probably the place to be.

Have been redirecting other users posting on this old product road map here to the Community Forums (CF) as well.

2 Likes

Hi, I also eager to see the new Product Roadmap. Voting for that

2 Likes