New UX Improvement: Primary Attribute

Hey guys!

Some of you may have already noticed that we have released an important UX improvement!

From now on, you will be able to set a primary attribute in your folders. If you prefer to use a text attribute other than ‘Name’ to name your items, this will come in very handy.

We’ve noticed there was some confusion and issues happening in the situations where multiple text fields were used in a folder and Name was removed.

Those issues will hopefully be a thing of the past now, since you will be able to have one primary attribute of your choice which will always act as the item’s name - for example in notifications, references, calendar, etc.

To set a new primary attribute, just click to edit any text attribute you currently have on your items, and you will notice a new option on the list:

P.S. For those of you who don’t know, our iOS app is up and running once again. You can download it right here: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1478129220

3 Likes

I wish this could be much more dynamic where it could apply as well for Checklist attribute, where the top item on the checklist becomes the name of the card.

This way we could see our tasks at a glance, especially in the calendar if the card is named for example General tasks, with 1st item on the checklist being service car and we then set a date for the card for when we want the 1st Item completed.

At the moment in calendar the card will read General tasks, but this way we will see at a glance the title as Service car and not General tasks.

This would be a really neat dynamic way of monitoring tasks especially once reminders appear.

Then imagine that each item on the checklist could have a date attribute. Then once the the top item is checked, not only will there be a new title but the location on the calendar would automatically be updated.

Just an idea for improvements that would be nice.

1 Like

Hi @Derrick, good ideas, but I believe most of these will be covered with subitems (subtasks). Although we’re still defining how the feature will look, it will probably help you see these subtasks on the calendar, you will be able to add specific dates to each subtask, etc.

1 Like

I am disappointed that a long text field cannot be made the primary attribute. If text overflows in the short text name field, to read it you have to either make the column super wide, or open the item to read the text. Using the long text field I can just click on the text and only the text pops up, I can read it instantly, and move on to the next item. Therefore i would prefer to use long text items for my primary attribute.

Obviously I could make all name fields short and use a description field for longer text, but that’s mean having two columns when I often only need one.

Thank You

Hi @David-2

Thank you for your honest feedback and for voicing out your opinions, we respect them and we’ll definitely take everything you mentioned in consideration.

When it comes to the width of the table and cells, we already have some solutions / UX improvements coming up in the future, an example of that can be seen on this specific item on our roadmap, it is related to " Choose row height in table view " which will allow you to have more space and see the text in a much better and clearer way.

When it comes to “long text” becoming a primary attribute that could be hard, especially since our long text attribute can contain images, videos, different text formats, codes and so much more and for that reason only it might not be the best to allow it to be a “primary” attribute. This will definitely be mentioned to our team and we’ll see what they think about it or if this is the direction they would move to - when it comes to adding more “primary attributes”.

Thank you once again David :pray:

1 Like