Paste images inside descriptions and comments

Hi @etiennejuneau,

Sorry for the long wait and thanks for the patience.

We’re doing our best to release all requested features.

We wanted to release the Rich Text Editor for Long Text attribute first, since this is the use case that most of the users asked for, so we’ve prioritized it.

We’ve also received feedback that it would be useful to have rich text editor + image in comments also, and we agreed.

Our initial idea was to implement both (long text and comment editor) at the same time, that’s why we thought it will be soon - thinking that it will be in the same time as long text upgrade.

But there were few complicated questions once we finished the long text:

1. Does this means that we will have two separate editor on the same item (one as an attribute, second as a comment), and how will that work?
  2. There are tons of comments already in the system, how can we migrate all comments to new editor safely?
  3. Is the Rich Text Editor we’ve released good as a solution, so that we can proceed and add the same solution for comments?
  4. How to add mention option and emojis?
    and more…

So we figured out it is not that easy to add and we should wait a bit to see how new Editor for Long Text performs and if everything will go smooth there.

This was in July.

Now 4 months later we haven’t be able to focus on Long Text improvement and Comment Editor due to high priority tasks that came up like Performance optimization, and new features like Mobile Apps, Import, etc…

At this point we’re pushing to release 4 huge new features (Gantt View, Forms View, Advanced Permissions and Public Boards).

We expect to release everything by the end of November and completely switch our focus to go back and improve all features we currently have, improve interactions and fix all bugs for a few months.

We will make current product features more valuable and UX much better.

One of the first improvement will be Long Text (copy/paste) + Comment text editor. This can probably be done by the end of the year.

We’ll do our best.

1 Like

@stefan can you confirm you’ll release CTRL + V pasting of media by the end of the year?

@etiennejuneau You can CTRL + V image in Long Text attribute since we’ve released a new version.

Did you try?

com-video-to-gif%20(2)

2 Likes

Very nice to see that. It doesn’t work for me though. I’ll contact support. Cheers.

Here’s a video showing it doesn’t work. I hit CTRL + V multiple times both times screen was showing Infinity: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

2 Likes

Thank you for recording the video @etiennejuneau. We’ve replied to you via chat support as well. This is another part of this functionality that we’ve overlooked. We added it as an improvement/bug and it will be added as well.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi Infinity team, I purchased the LTD (the expensive option) with the hopes to replace my current PM tool called Teamwork, which I love. Yet, I also loved your system, features, design, etc.

As most people have complained here, the inserting of images by simply copy/pasting (including with shortcuts) is something we do all day, everyday with my team via comments on tasks on Teamwork.com

I now have purchased also a LTD on Plutio for project management, and there I CAN paste images into comments.

I honestly want to use your system, but keep holding on until you guys offer the ability to add and copy/paste images into comments. For now, I keep paying Teamwork $69/mo, and I’m tired of it… so hoping you’ll release this soon.

p.s. I do much of our copy/pasting from screenshots using the Chrome extension “Awesome Screenshot”: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/awesome-screenshot-screen/nlipoenfbbikpbjkfpfillcgkoblgpmj?hl=en

Happy to provide my feedback once you’ve got this tool ready to test

thanks

Jaime

@jaime Welcome to Community Forum :slight_smile:

Thank you for the detailed feedback and of course, for a huge desire to use Infinity as your main PM tool. We really appreciate that.

Have you tried recreating the functionality Stefan showed in a video he shared 13 days ago?

If it doesn’t seem to work for you either, we’ll add this to the queue ASAP.

Hello @coa,

1. I confirm that I followed @stefan’s suggestion/video and I can copy/paste images into the long-text field under “attributes” and the image DOES get saved. That’s good, but not what I’m looking for.

2. When I try to do the same under “comments”, the images only gets saved in the cache. But as soon as I refresh the page, the image is gone from the comments. The MAIN problem is that because there’s no “Save” button on the comments (pressing the “enter” key is how you design the comments to “Save”), then I’m no way to manually ask your comments section to “save” my image.

• Even if I type a bunch of text below the image I just paged, when I keep pressing “enter”, the comment never gets saved.

I’d really appreciate if you can help me and all the Infinity community (including the early LTD supporters like me) this issue of pasting images into comments.

1. I highly suggest you add a “Save” button to the comments section, which is much easier for the user to press/click once the comment is done. That’s how I use this on teamwork when saving comments
1 Like

@coa any updates? Really want to start using this as my main PM system… but need this images on comments working ASAP

@jaime, hey!

We’re happy that you want to use Infinity as your main PM system! Thanks.

I’m not sure if you went through some other topics, but our dev team is currently overloaded with the new features we’re finalizing:

• Gant View
  • Form View
  • Public/Embeddable Boards
  • Advanced permissions
  • Move folder to board
  • Move board to folder
  • Lifetime Deal features

We’re hoping to finalize these in the next 10 days, and we can then go back to improving previous features and focus 100% on executing your suggestions :slight_smile:

Hi @coa

Thanks for the message. I know you’re working hard on the current updates. I’m aware, always looking at what you’re up to.

Any idea of approximately when you’d be adding this “add images into comments” feature?

let me know

thanks for your help!

Hey @jaime,

we’ll start working on new comment editor by the end of December.

We just need to release everything that is currently going on, and we can start with the comments.

Thanks for the patience

1 Like

Hi @stefan, happy new year 2020!

As December 2019 is ending, I was wondering if your team was able to work on this feature to allow adding images/screenshots (copy/paste of images) into the comments section

Please let me know

thanks

Hi Stefan, any updates? I want to switch over to your pltaform since I purchase it, but really need comments with the ability to add/save images :slight_smile:
Thanks

Agree with @etiennejuneau!

Hey @jaime,

We didn’t have much time to focus on that, but we will in Q1 2020 definitely. :slight_smile:

It is one of the bigger priorities.

1 Like

Hi @coa. When is this coming?

I was initially told May 2019, then Q1 2020. Q1 2020 is ending this month.

@jaime

Hi @etiennejuneau,

One of the developers is in the process of implementing rich text editor in Comments. :slight_smile:

I’m hoping we’ll see that feature by the end of this month.

2 Likes