Code block in long-text used for?

Hello

Where is the Code thing used for in the possible markdown elements in a long-text attribute?
Can I use to het the value of related item-attributes in my long text?
That way I would be able to to text-data merge for standard letters, emails or invoices etc. Or is there a better way to create standard documents where text and attribute-values are merged?

Regards
Folkert

Hey @folkert.hobma

I’m not quite sure what you mean by this.

Long Text is indeed the best solution for documents, letters, emails & invoices.

It has a dozen of markdown/formatting options which are strong enough to have a solid editor, IMO. :slight_smile:

I’ve written a lot of emails in Infinity using Long Text.

30%20AM

1 Like

Hi

Can "<> " in markdown be used to place placeholders for item-attributes. Like "dear mister <@customer.name> , bla bla
Or could you make an tutorial article about what you can do within a long-text?

2 Likes

I don’t know if/how that could be (technically) implemented but IMHO that would take Infinity into whole new level. Like expanding from rational set of numbers to the real set.

1 Like

@folkert.hobma, I see. I must agree with @man that I’m not sure if that could be technically implemented, but I’ll make sure to forward this to the dev team.

Regarding a tutorial article about the Long Text attribute, that is definitely a must, as we need to include more stuff into the Help Center. Because of all promotional stuff regarding the LTD we’re launching very soon, I’m not really sure whether this could become a high-priority, but I’ll definitely add it to the suggestion queue.

Than you very much!

Hello

It would even be very nice if there was a button-script that would replace the placeholders <@customer.name> in a long-test with attribut-values and place the resulting text in a html/doc/pdf to be emailed or printed. This way the long-test is just a template waiting for a script to start the text-data merge.

1 Like

Another way of implementing a mail merge with a new attribute type:

1 Like

Thank you, sir! :slight_smile: Sounds good.