My tasks - individual user filter

According to my other post, very usefull feature would be “My tasks” - something like auto-filter dedicated for every user and visible only for him.

I know, that it partly can be managed by tabs for team members and filtering their tasks there - and it’s OK, when you’ve got a few (2 or 3) team members (and the same amount of tabs for them), but when you’ve got 10 or more team members, then you need 10 tabs just to filter their tasks to make their work possible. In this case, larger team = more tabs just to filter their actions. And now imagine, if one of team members that has tab on the far right changes its position to the first left. It’s a chaos making machine.

If Infinity is for working in groups larger than a few people with delegating tasks, something like “my tasks” from Asana is a must.

I agree with Bartosz. It is strange that filters are joint and when I set filters anyone can change it. This make a big mess when You try work on the same view tab at the same time with someone other from team. You don’t know who is inside this view with You. In other collaborative tools you see who is is with you in document.
‘My task’ option/view is very needed.

Hi @Bartosz and @piotr.cieluchowski, as was discussed in the other post, we’re planning to add this feature to our roadmap, but it’s still a challenging feat for our product team.

Thanks for opening it as a new topic so that other community members can also vote on it. :slight_smile:

How is this option?

We are within 30 days of evaluation. But that is making a big difference in our decision. We have a team of 20 users and they all work on the same project. It is impossible for 10 people to access the same view without being able to perform filters.

Hi @ivo.junior,

You can always create new tabs (views), and apply filter to show only where certain member is assigned.

A problem with this as brought up before… If there are multiple people assigned to the same task, they won’t show up here. e.g. if Jana and Alex are both assigned to Indie Hackers Daily, it doesn’t show up in this filter. See here and here and here and here for more details related to this post.

Having a my tasks page, or option is a must for a lot of people here. I recognize it takes time for development, but I would argue that most people here would take my tasks and better reminders over Gantt, Form, Automation, UX improvements, and other improvements on the current roadmap.

4 Likes