Recurring tasks

I haven’t seen that on the product roadmap but I think that to be very useful feature: ability to set tasks to repeat on schedule.

To be honest, I know that in many tools there are either too simple and limited or too complicated to easily use.

What I’d like to see is to be able to set different recurring patterns:

• every day
  • every day in in a week(e.g. Mon, Mon and Wed, weekday)
  • every (1, 2, 3…) week(s) on (Mon, Tue,…)
  • every (1, 2, 3…) month(s) on (1st, 2nd, …, last) day
  • every (1, 2, 3…) year(s) on (1st, 2nd, …, last) day of (Jan, Feb, …)

What do you think?

Hi @man, thank you for the suggestion and nicely defined functionality! :raised_hands:

Recurring item can be a very useful feature, we see a lot of use cases.

It is a part of the Automation Features we’re planning to implement in the future stages of Infinity development.

Automation is basically a ‘smart dashboard’ where you can configure triggers and set rules like IF something happens, DO something.

Regarding recurring items, your suggestion on how it should work is completely valid.

repeat: [item]
every: [number] [day/week/month]
on: [day/date/month]
at: [time]
ends: [day/week/month]

I think it’s a great suggestion.

Do you have some use case at the moment to use this feature?

Hi, I think it’s a great idea to have automation features. Here are some exampes of recurring tasks:

• Do a weekly review (every Friday at 11am)
  • Check bank account (every weekday at 5pm)
  • Pay leasing installment (every 30th day of a month, ends after 24 repetitions)
  • Do a quarterly review (every 3 months)
  • Prepare finance documents for accounting (every 5th working day of the month)
  • Review customer feedback on project X (every 2 weeks until 31 March 2019)

Awesome use cases, thank you :slight_smile:

I’ve added recurring tasks feature in our backlog.

It’s not a priority at the moment since we still have a work to do regarding the core functionalities, but I hope it will be done by the end of the year.

Thanks again.

Another automation operation could be:

• IF a defined checkbox is checked THEN change a stage label to DONE

or the inverse:

• IF I label a task as done THEN check my checkbox

Correct?
Or is there already something like this that I am missing? :slight_smile:

@Francesca Hey!

Yes, that would exactly be the case!

I can’t wait for that functionality, as well :slight_smile:

+1 here. In order to implement company-wide, I would absolutely need to have a recurring task feature.

+1.

I see this possibly being integrated into the notifications core functionality…
e.g. Notify me of the status of _x_ card every _y_ days
Sometimes it is nice to have a new item created, but sometimes it might be enough to just remind the user to go back and look at the status of an item… I see this as super useful if reminders could be setup for unfinished task lists.

Hey @BaiJie!

Got it! You’re completely right. We’re just about to finish Notifications feature and see how would the Reminders fit in there, just like you said. But Reminder feature is definitely on our list of features to build in the near future. It’s essential to the flexible and productive flow we’re building in Infinity :slight_smile:

Thank you for the message and suggestion.

You rock. :v: