Webhooks support

Webhooks are essential to help the users of the board affect the world outside Inifity.
It allows for custom logic to safeguard business invariants and also contacting 3rd party APIs to give more meaning to users actions on the board.

I’m not saying go “Full Butler Mode” from the get-go (more information below), but a basic webhook mechanism would be nice.

More information from Trello:
https://developers.trello.com/page/webhooks
https://developers.trello.com/reference/#webhooks

3 Likes

Hey @igokov and welcome to Infinity Community! :slight_smile:

Public API / Integrations will be available in the near future, yes.

We might even get to see them in between mid-March to beginning of April.

Thank you very much for sharing this! Webhooks are a must. :slight_smile:

You rock. :metal:

Webhook API (and a public API) has been the core reason why I thus far haven’t been able to switch properly from Trello. We’ve setup various Kotlin scripts that automate a lot of boilerplate work and I simply can’t ask the team to do all of that manually.

I bought the lifetime subscription and at the time this was mentioned as a soonish feature - Is there an update on when it will be implemented now as the roadmap didn’t make it clear when it would be coming.

2 Likes

@lumenon_infinity, hi!

Welcome to our CF, it’s great to have you here.

I completely understand you.

The situation right now is that Webhooks (or public API) is on a medium priority list, which is often in the process of being defined.

But as a lot of our members are actively asking for it, I’ll make sure to advocate for it to become a high priority feature. I’ll ping @stefan, our CEO, our CTO @damir89, and make sure to make an urgent suggestion in the queue.

Hope I’ll have more details during the week :slight_smile:

1 Like

@coa any news on this 20chars?

@remco.plasmeijer, hi!

We’ve updated the roadmap and put Webhooks as an urgent feature after ‘The Big 4’ (Gantt View, Forms View, Public Boards and Advanced Permissions) are done.

Hopefully, we can start working on them early 2020. :slight_smile:

Hi @remco.plasmeijer,

I understand your frustration.

I did my personal best not to make any promises on Webhooks.

Also, I always shared our internal struggles and issues we’ve had with the features we’ve promised (such as Gantt).

Personally, I don’t enjoy basing my work around any type of ‘promises’. Hence, I’m sorry if you’ve recognized these as false promises. I was just trying to share the opinion and thoughts from the whole team, which could have been a little bit ‘optimistic’ at times.

But if we take a look at the bigger picture, our product has improved a lot since March, and we’ve released some pretty kick-ass features since that time.

With the capacity we have, and if we take all things into consideration, I’ll personally try to be more realistic with the things you guys suggest.

Although the ETAs might vary, or look delayed, the things you guys suggest are ALWAYS noted in our suggestions queue and revised on the weekly brainstorm session.

Finally, I’m sorry if there’s any bad impression/frustration I (or our team) has left on you. All I can say is that I’ll do my best to make it up. And I’d love to have a chance to do so.

1 Like

Hey @remco.plasmeijer,

Here’s a little teaser:

Here’s a first-ever Form created with Infinity https://app.startinfinity.com/form/f9e88e00-5125-4a2a-9548-8b50006710ff

And the results go live to the first ever Public Board created with Infinity:
https://app.startinfinity.com/b/tWoTdfrLTMg/RtX3wP24Xfw

You can access this board as a guest and watch the feedback from the form entry live.

Also, a Gantt Screenshot, from my own folder (we’re finalizing the testing):

2 Likes

Very interesting avatar, @coa :wink:

Ha, good catch! Thanks, @man :slight_smile:

:wink:

On a more seroius note, the new “timeline” view looks very nice and I can’t wait to see it live. I guess Infinity would have dependencies between items to call it Gantt chart?

1 Like

@man, hey :slight_smile:

Not quite. We’re actually finalizing the Gantt by building a similar logic, you’ll see everything :slight_smile:

We’re making the process of using Gantt as efficient, but also as simple as possible.

2 Likes

Now, the suspense is killing me :smile:

Just can’t wait!

1 Like

Any update on the webhooks? I love Butler for Trello and am hoping for something similar here. Thanks for the update!

+1 for webhooks support

+1 for webhooks - com’on now!

Any update for webhooks?